Chapter 5

"See? It's lovely here Anna!" My father smiles as he helps me organise everything. I nod and smile,shaking off the feeling that this place was probably the worse thing ever. But I had to be grateful. I smile and nod.

"It's wonderful father,thank you."
"Good girl," he kisses my head and walks to the door.
"You're not staying?" I ask and he shakes his head.
"I wish I could sweetheart,but daddy's busy. You're a good girl. Almost twelve,and I'm so proud."

He walks out,leaving me alone, I sigh and place the picture of me and mum close as I walk out of my room. Down the corridors as I see a young boy curled up. Shaking and flinching. I back away quickly and walk down the hallways, I sigh and look out a small window-

"What's out there?" I whisper as a guard walks past me "Can I go out and play?"
He chuckles and shakes his head "Not a bloody chance kid. But hey,have you seen a boy around here? He's thin,tall with blonde hair and brown eyes," I think he means the boy I just saw. I hypo and shake my head quickly.
"No.." I answers.
He nods and pats my shoulder,walking off "Come back here Newton!" He yells and I jump. Wiping my eyes.

"It's not right here.." I whisper and clutch my hands over my chest "Not at all.."

I gulp and look at Aris-

"All I can remeber is when I was eleven. No other significant events,"
"We need to keep going," he tells me as we stumble across the sand "Anna,there are probably thousands of members from WICKED searching every single grain of sand to find us. And we don't have much time. We need to find help.quick.."
"There's no one around here Aris. It's just us."
"No.. There's gotta be someone.."
I scoff and roll my eyes "Besides cranks!?"
"Just keep moving.." He mumbles.
"Aris.." I sigh and stop him
"What is it?"

I try to get something out of my mouth. But no nothing. Nothing can come out- Nothing real. All we both do is think about the feelings we hide. All we do is sit and walk in silence waiting for a sign. Which we can't figure out.

He raises his brow "Come on,tell me."
I sigh and hug him hard "Aris. Best friends?" I hold out my hand which he takes and shakes back generously.
"Of course," he smiles "Here,let me help," he takes off my backpack and slides it on his shoulders as I notice something in the distance.
"What is that?"
"A.. House..." He gasps and we begun to run towards it. The crumbled and ruined building. We walk inside and I squeeze his hand-

"Hands up!" A man bursts out holding a gun. I jump as we both raise them "Why are you here!?"

"To... Go... Somewhere.. Safe.." Aris chokes out as I nod rapidly "Can.. We need help.. Please.."
"Any weapons on you?" He asks as I keep completely silent. Aris nods and hands over the gun and a knife. He then eyes us up and down and chuckles "You two are too young to understand."
"We know about the flare," Aris gulps "That's why we ran."

He nods and walks close to me "Who are you!?"
"Anna..." I gulp "Anna Janson."
"You came from him!?"
"She ran," Aris holds me close "She's innocent,I promise. We're both immune."
"There's a storm coming tonight," he smirks and grabs both of our shoulders,pulling us with him along the broken place "And here,we love guests."
"No!" I cry and break away "We just want safety. And this isn't it."

He grabs my chin and examines my eyes "You have no idea what you are you do?" As he says this I keep myself completely silent "His poor slave and worker. Look like the innocent flower, speak like an angel... But,who's side are you own? Answer truly now,it'll only make your situation more easy,"
I turn to smile at my best friend "I'm on your side Aris,I'm always on your side."
"Love.." The man declares at us both "Young love,never thought I'd see it in this place. You'll be inviting those cranks to your wedding!?"
"We're not in love.." Me and Aris whisper at the same time. But as I say those words I feel a deep break inside of my heart. Like I was telling a deliberate lie "He's my best friend.."
The man ignores this "But,you're from them. Dr Janson,you're his. His DNA,his blood."
"Not anymore.." I whisper as something jabs into my neck. I gasp and fall to the floor,everything going black....