Chapter One

Katniss POV-

It's been a 3 years since I killed Coin, Snow died, Finnick died and she died.

I can't mention her name. It brings me past memories that I would never want to experience again.

Today, I'm going back to 12. President Paylor recreated District 12 and 13. I've been waiting in the hospital for about 3 years for this to happen.

I started cutting after the rebellion was over. I just can't stand that she's dead.

My mother's dead too. She committed suicide a week after she had died. I should've died with them and seen my father for the first time in 9 years, but I stayed for Peeta and he didn't stay with me.

I'm not saying he's dead, but I haven't seen him since the ending of the rebellion. I've heard he went to District 12 to help rebuild it. I can't wait to see him again.

"Hey Catnip." A familiar voice says, breaking me out of my thoughts.

I turn to see him.

The person who created the bomb that killed her.

Gale.

I scowl at him, and his smile quickly fades. I get up from the hospital bed and start to take small steps toward him.

"You killed her." I hiss at him. At this, he backs away. I clench my hands into fists, until my knuckles turn white.

I'm wearing a long - sleeved short, so Gale can't see what he's made me do to myself.

"You killed her." I hiss again. "It was your bomb." Gale is almost out the door now.

Kill him.

My conscience tells me. I know what's happening. I'm having an attack. I wouldn't want to kill my old hunting partner; my best friend.

Do it.

I order myself.

"Calm down." He says, covering his face with his hands.

"Calm down!" I shriek. "Do you know what you've caused me! My mother is dead! She wanted to be with the rest of my family, and she left me behind. Alone!" I'm full on screaming now.

I hear footsteps coming down the hall. I hear a voice say "Are you alright Miss. Everdeen?" But I don't answer. My focus is on him.

I go to lunge for his throat, but a doctor shoves a syringe into my arm. I fall to the floor, screaming at Gale.

"You killed her." Is the last thing I whisper, before being consumed by darkness.