Chapter Twenty Nine

Katniss POV

I wake up with my naked body laying next to Peeta's.

What do we do last night? I ask myself. It all comes rushing back to me, making me snuggle deeper into Peeta's chest. I look up at him, outlining his jawline with my finger. My eyes go to his lips. It felt good to feel the soft, warm feeling of his lips against mine. My hand falls away from his jaw as I give him a small peck on the cheek, making his eyes flutter open.

"Hey." He whispers, his morning voice sounding just amazing. It makes me want to kiss him again. He looks down at our naked bodies. "What did we do last night?" He asks, pulling the blanket farther up.

"We did something new," I start, running my hands over his chest and making him shudder. "And I loved it."

His hands go to my waist, pushing his lips against mine. "I love you." He murmurs into the kiss, making me smile against his lips.

"And I love you." I say softly, breaking the kiss. My eyes go back up to his breathtakingly beautiful blue eyes. He stares into my boring grey ones.

"Any nightmares?" He asks, pulling me closer to him.

I stop and think for a moment. "No." I say, surprised. "I haven't had a normal dream in at least 10 years." I exclaim. He looks down at me with lust in his eyes.

"What was the dream about?" He asks me. He's way more confident than usual, and I like it.

"You and me." I say, heat flooding into my cheeks. He smirks at me, twirling a piece of my hair around his fingers. My eyes grow wide as he kisses me again, but I soon melt into his lips.

"We should get dressed." Peeta says, hesitantly pulling away from the kiss and chuckling as he looks down at our naked bodies pressed together.

As Peeta gets up to get his clothes, I lay my head back down on the pillow and think.

Should I forgive Peeta? I ask myself mentally.

He just wanted to keep you safe. I hear a small voice in the back of my head whisper. Stay with him. Remember what Prim said in Heaven? You have to stay with Peeta. And with that, the voice fades away.

*******************************

Just as I finish getting dressed, Peeta knocks on my door.

"Come in." I say softly, sitting back down on my bed.

"Katniss," Peeta starts, poking his head through the doorway. "I think these clothes are a little too small."

He finally shows his whole body to me, making me laugh. Laughing would be an understatement. I wasn't just laughing. I was practically rolling on the floor laughing. He's wearing my cloths. A v-neck shirt, jeans, and a ponytail holder, putting all of his wavy hair up in a small ponytail at the top of his head. He flexes his arms, winking at me. I hear Peeta's loud footsteps coming over to the bed and before I know it, he's tickling me.

"No, Peeta!" I squeal. "I'm gonna pee!"

"Wouldn't want that to happen." He says softly, smiling down at me. He gives me a small peck on the lips, staring into my eyes.

So after, when he whispers, "You love me. Real or not real?"

I tell him, "Real."

*******************************