Chapter Ten

Peeta's POV:

Katniss ran out of the hospital room last night and I don't know where she is.

"Haymitch!" I yell, banging on his front door. "He's probably too drunk to answer." I mutter to myself.

The door flings open. Haymitch stands in the doorway with a bottle of whiskey in his hand.

"What the hell are you doing here again, Breadboy?" He slurs. I cringe at the smell of liquor and vomit of his house.

"Do you know where Katniss is?" I ask him frantically. "She ran out after you left the hospital room." I add.

"Nope." Haymitch says, popping the 'p'.

I roll my eyes at how drunk he is.

"Then go and help me look!" I yell at him. "It would help if you weren't drunk as hell." I add, trying to grab the whiskey out of Haymitch's hands.

"Oooooooo!" Haymitch says like a young child. "Breadboy cursed." He chuckles at his own childish joke.

I finally manage to get the bottle out of Haymitch's death grip as he tries to kick me in the process.

"Let's go find Katniss." I exclaim to him, thinking of all the places she could be. "You check her house and I'll go check the woods." I decide, telling Haymitch my idea.

"Okay!" He yells at me like a child, and runs away, stumbling towards Katniss's house.

"I've got to find her." I murmur to myself, running off into the dark woods.

*************************************

Katniss's POV:

I hear Prim scream for my name as I run through the woods.

"Prim!" I yell. "Where are you!" Hoping to find an answer, but there are no more screams to fill the cold air. I run into the clearing by my lake to find Prim in a bloody heap on the ground, and the one standing on top of her is no other then Peeta.

"You mutt!" I scream at him, but this only makes his disgusting smirk wider. "Leave her alone!" I cry.

"Katnissssss." He hisses at me, stepping over Prim's frail body. "Katnissssss." He hisses again, but this time pulling a knife out of his pocket.

"No!" I scream at him. He jabs at me with the knife and all is black.

I wake up with a sweaty, tear stained face.

"You okay Catnip?" Gale asks, slinking his arms around my waist. I slowly nod to him, not wanting to tell him what has happened in my horror filled dreamland.

"The suns almost up." Gale says, sighing. "We can both go home soon."

"I'm not going home." I say plainly. "No one wants me there."

"Everyone wants you there. Even Peeta." Gale says, but that makes heat rise up into my cheeks. Not out of embarrassment of what I've let him do to me, but of anger.

"He should've thought of that before he knocked up his ex." I scream at Gale, stomping out the door into the upcoming day that will only bring me horror.

*************************************