Tomato Tomato

Tomato Tomato

"We are going to have a preliminary test before we can move on to real test..." he said in between coughs. "man you need a cough drop.." (y/n) thought to herself. All the genin looked at him surprised; the fact that they are taking a preliminary exams, made them frustrated, they put their lives on the line just to get through the second exams, now this? Putting their damn lives in the line again? Saying it's the Sbinobi way, more like suicide. (AU I WaS V V MAD AT THE MOMENT I WaS WRITING THIS CAUSE NEJI)

Many "huhs" and "whats" were exchanged in the small crowd of the ten rookies and other ninjas from other villages. "Preliminary, what?" Shikamaru yelled out. "Um, excuse me, but what exactly is this preliminary all about, why can't we just go on to the third exam?" Sakura asked. Hayate 'ahhed' and tried to gather the correct words to explain why exactly they were taking a preliminary exam. "Ah, well you see.. The first and second exam might have been too easy." (y/n) 'tched' "easy? I could've died throughout the second exam."

Hayate avoided her comment.

"The fact is; we never expected so many of you to still be here. According to the rules of the Chunin Exams, a preliminary round could be held at any stage. In order to reduce the number of candidates." Hayate explained. "B-but is that fair?" Sakura said. "The preliminary starts instantly, we need to speed things up a bit; but as Lord Hokage said, alot of important people will be watching. We can't afford to waste their time. They come here to see the best, so if anyone of you feel as if you are not in top physical position to participate, you may leave now." Hayate said, again in between coughs. "Talk about not being in top condition" Ino thought.

"As I was saying before, the preliminary starts instantly."

"C'mon right now?!" Kiba yelled. "We just barely came out alive in the second test, can't we have a break?" Ino pleaded. "Man, what a drag.." Shikamaru and (y/n) said at the same time. Naruto noticed this.. Again..

"ay.. Sis, nothing between you and Shika.. Right??" Naruto whispered to his sister. (y/n) looked at Naruto and flicked him in the forehead. "No."

"Oh yeah... The winners will be chosen by one and one combat; sudden death. So, as I said if anyone is not in condition you may leave now.." Hayate said.

"perfect chance to show off my new jutsu! Man I hope I can fight Lee, or possibly Neji!" (y/n) thought to herself, her eyes forming sparkles and her right hand held up, in a fist.

"Does he really think anyone is gonna quit?" Sasuke thought, right after finishing his sentence, a sudden burn, a unbearable pain started again in his right shoulder. His arm jerked up to put his hand on his right shoulder. "Waves of pain. Coming sooner and sooner." (y/n), naruto and Sakura noticed.

"Sasuke.. Are you alright?" (y/n) asked her comrade, in all honesty through all the hurtful words he had thrown to her and her brother, she felt concern towards her hurting comrade. "No I knew it.." Sakura's face soften. "Sasuke.. Listen, you've got to quit." (y/n) looked at Sakura, surprised. "Quit? Sakura, I bet he wants to fight, rather if he is in pain or not, he's too stubborn." (y/n) fought back. "But (y/n)... He is in no condition to fight.. He's been like this ever since our encounter with Orochimaru. It's that mark he put on you.. Isn't it?."

"Orochimaru.. The pedophile?" (y/n) said. Naruto laughed, Sakura kept a straight face. But her straight face didn't last long, her eyes started glistening. "Sasuke.. Please quit now.. Before.. I don't know, I'm scared.." Sasuke was now facing Sakura, his eyes widened. (Y/n) shook her head, "Sasuke.. Are you sure you can fight with that thing Orochimaru put on you? Ya know, what if that thing eats you alive and you die?"