Chapter 10: Jailbirds

Infuriated, I cross my arms over my chest and glare out the moving vehicle's window. Grey literally forced me into his car before strapping me down. He hasn't even bothered to apologize. He can't just do what he wants with me. I will not be tamed! I am a wild card. I'll forever stand by that.

Emma insisted on taking her own car. Xavier, Nancy and Ryan are riding with her, leaving me with Grey, Sarah and Landon. Sarah's the only nice one in this car, sucks to be her. The odds are not in her favor.

The journey is silent, mostly because I'm still sulking.

"So how does it feel to be back in town?" Sarah asks, directing her attention off of Landon and unto me. She does it in an attempt to break the silence and slice the thick tension between Grey and myself.

Not in the mood for small talk, I shrug as I try to think of an appropriate response, "Well there's a lot of cars and stuff..." I answer glumly, "everyone loves cars." I conclude, not quite sure what the hell it is I'm even saying. All I can focus on, is killing Grey for being inconsiderate and inhumane. He's so mean. He has to be the worst person I know.

Sarah falls quiet, unsure what to say to that. Grey, on the other hand, scoffs in irritation at my answer. Fortunately, Landon seems to think that my answer is a reasonable one, "I hear you." He agrees with me easily, able to relate. I have to crack a smile at that. He's so clueless.

Grey parks his car at the police station. I hop out immediately and head straight to the front desk, ignoring Grey's calls for me to slow down. He wants me to first think about what I'm going to say. Funny! 

On impulse, I slam my fist down on the front desk, causing the officer on duty to just about skyrocket off his seat in fright. "I demand you release Dean this instant! He is innocent!" I raise my tone at the poor officer, still livid with Grey and now taking my fury out on the guy before me. 

Grey's the one who should be in prison on the charges of kidnapping. He's the guilty one here! This is all his fault. I blame him. I always blame him because it is always his fault.

"Miss, calm down." The officer states as he takes out some documents, "Ma'am, I'm going to need to see some identification." He informs me as if unfazed by my attitude. I suppose he's used to this. Perhaps he gets this on a daily basis.

"What am I? A fugitive? An escaped convict? A bandit? An outlaw? What is this? An interrogation? I refuse, at least not until I see Dean." I argue, too annoyed and riled up to care as to how I'm speaking to a federal officer.

The officer sighs at my difficulty and persistence, "What's his last name?" He queries, choosing to be helpful. I suppose he can sense that if he doesn't help me, he'll be signing his own death warrant. I'm in a mood.

Exasperated, I throw my hands up to the air, "I don't know!" I yell, "What kind of question is that anyway?" I huff in irritation.

"A rather fairly normal one, Miss." The commanding officer says as he raises a prodding eyebrow at me, "You don't know his last name?" He asks in bewilderment, confused as to why I care so much about Dean when I don't even know his last name.

Landon shoves me aside, determined to bail his best friend out of jail. "It's Wyatt, Dean Wyatt." He answers the cop - the earth's worst kind of human being, after lawyers that is. Lawyers are hardcore. They're the scumbags who let criminals walk free.