Chapter 13: Are You Getting Angry?

"What's the matter?" Benley asks, concerned. He might poke fun at times, but at heart, he cares. He has a soft touch to him. He's a sensitive soul, when he wants to be in any case. It's this side to him that won AJ over. She told me herself. After pursuing her for months, she finally gave in when she saw the gentler side to him.

"What makes you think there's a matter?" I question teasingly with a smile, touched that he's so compassionate during the worst of times. One can always count on Benley.

He sends me a flat stare, "Knock it off," he pauses, "I saw you talking to Jay." He says knowingly, already having determined the outcome of it.

I shrug helplessly, "Talks with Jay never go well. As you know, he's not exactly big on talking."

"True that." Benley nods in agreement, "I'm sure he'll come around."

And if he doesn't?

"I hope so," I say, trying to say optimistic.

Benley, lost in thought, suddenly raises an eyebrow before prodding for more information, "Hey," he hesitates for a second, "can I ask you something?"

He just did.

"No," I answer with ease, "You can't." I joke, smirking at him when he rolls his eyes at me for being incredibly difficult.

He ignores me and asks anyway, "Why didn't you," he falters but recovers quickly, "why didn't you come back sooner?" He clarifies, searching for the real reason behind all of it.

I bite my bottom lip, contemplating on telling him the truth. If there's anyone I can trust completely, it's Benley. He'll understand and hopefully won't overreact with the news, although, I'd really prefer not to discuss any of it. I sigh, averting my eyes from his, "I didn't come back sooner because I wasn't ready to say goodbye to all of you." I tell him only so much, hoping he'd fit the pieces of the puzzle together.

Benley inclines his head to the side, a puzzled expression crossing his features, "I don't under-"

Before I can explain, we're interrupted:

"Um, Aqueela..." Sarah trails off and motions to the sight before me.

My eyes widen when I take in the chaotic scene, the shouts of everyone around me now failing to be blocked out. I suck in a deep breath and shake my head. "Grams, what the hell are you doing?!" I gasp in horror at seeing her on the forklift, "I look away for a second and this happens. Unbelievable!" I complain as I sprint toward her in the hopes of stopping her. 

I stop short when I see Gram's Dragon Ball Z bed sheets quickly being consumed by a ball of fire. Of course, as expected, Troy is involved.

No wonder Grams is so enraged...

My gaze is on the two morons responsible. I follow Ryan and Troy, who happen to be sprinting out the smoking house, to see what's happened. They are both flapping Gram's fiery bed sheets around in panic as if to put it out. "Flip!" Ryan shouts out in terror, before releasing a string of curse words as he glances Troy's way in accusation, "I said to mess up something of hers as she messed up my cell phone, I never meant for you to go all out and set something alight and almost kill us all! Who sets something alight inside a wooden house?!"

Troy does! He always goes to the extreme. He's either all or nothing, he can never just be.

"Forget that, who sets alight my Gram's Dragon Ball Z bed sheets?!" I shout angrily, "No wonder she's trying to kill everyone!"