Chapter 37: Overkill

I jostle awake when feeling myself being lifted off the ground. It's only when my eyes fling open that I see that I'm no longer in my tent. Instead, my camping mattress is in the air, with me on it, being carried away.

"Let me down you savages!" I shout at the culprits - that being Landon and Dean. 

I glance around to see pretty much everyone up and about already when it's still very early in the morning. They are all seemingly irritated. It seems Lan and Dean have had quite the busy morning of pranking people, so it seems - surely Benley didn't hang his own tent from a high tree overlooking the lake.

I shift to my knees, tempted to jump off of the mattress, but seeing as they're running and seeing as they've lifted me up over their heads, I stay put. I don't want to break a leg, well not one of mine in any case. 

I only start yelling loudly at them when I see where they are headed - the water, the cold mass of icy water.

"Landon, I thought we were friends!" I whine, displeased with his betrayal. "I can see the damn sun rising. I don't want to see the damn sun rising! This is an outrage! I am appalled! Not ever seeing the sun rise was on my bucket list!"

"Tough, everyone's awake, Furbs," Dean winks up at me, referring to the fact that they have pranked nearly everyone in the vicinity, including the peeved strangers all staring daggers into the back of Landon and Dean's heads.

"Sarah!" I shout, hoping that she'd somehow hear me from the distance separating us. "Sarah!" I wave my hands through the air repetitively, hoping to capture her attention. "Your stupid boyfriend is harassing me!"

She's too preoccupied in talking to AJ (it seems she's left BoyBand to suffer the wrath of Landon and Dean's hands).

Before I can shout another plea, I'm tossed, along with my mattress, into the freezing cold lake. I plummet off the mattress on impact before soaring through the air like a Bald Eagle. I land into the lake with a loud splash. 

I instantly kick up, breaking the surface for a breath as mine suddenly disappears from the shock to the body.

"I'm not happy!" I sputter in a cough of water as I swim as fast as I can to the bank of the lake, refusing to let myself feel the cold. I climb out, my wet hair sticking to my top and to my forehead, blocking my vision. I carelessly flip my hair aside before I narrow my eyes at the both of them - my persecutors - in warning, "Run."

"What?" Dean asks with a raised eyebrow, puzzled. He catches on when he sees Landon take off sprinting without any hesitation. He soon dashes after his friend, worried for his life - he should be!

That should tire them out...

"What the hell is all that racket about?" I hear Benley ask as he unzips his tent. With his eyes still closed, he pops his head out and takes in a breath of fresh morning air. 

I stifle my laughter, deciding not to warn him of his inevitable and impending doom.

He lazily stretches and yawns before crawling out onto nothing, hence why he falls from his tent into the icy water below him, joining in on what I had just experienced.

I burst out laughing at the sight of him dropping through the air like an anchor being thrown out to sea. It's hilarious when you're not playing the victim. I see the humor in it.

BoyBand resurfaces with a stunned look drawn upon his features as it all slowly resonates with him.

"Who did this to me?! I want names and I want them now!" he suddenly shouts through erratic breathing, scrambling to the shore, in dire need of warmth. "Mark my words, you'll pay, you'll all pay!" he raises his tone in anger, forgetting to mind his step.