Chapter 36: Click Clack Slide

not yet edited!!! Read at your own risk ;)

Chapter 36: Click Clack Slide

"Thanks for pitching my man," Jay says to Grey upon spotting him.

"Well, it's about time that you got here," I say to Grey when seeing him step out of RV 2 with a cylinder of spare gas for us. "Were you on a Sunday stroll or something?"

Grey ignores me and turns to Jay with a pointed stare, "Remember what I said over the phone?"

Jay nods and turns back to me in warning, "He said not to start with him tonight." 

Grey nods firmly as he goes to fill up our tank.

As soon as he's out of earshot, Jay leans in and whispers to me, "He's just in a bad mood because he had to come back all this way for us."

I nod, swallowing back my laughter.

"Hey, Aqueela!" Dylan sticks his head out of one of the windows of RV 2 to send me a friendly wave of greeting.

"Hey, D, how's it hanging?" I ask him with a smile at seeing half of him literally hanging out of the window.

"Grey said that no one is to make eye contact or communication with her," Nancy pulls Dylan back inside, making it obvious that she's Grey's new slave.

"You do everything he says?" BossMan asks her before opening the door of the RV to get out and greet us. He grins and pats the top of my head before taking one look at Jay and cringing, "You look stressed, Taylor."

Jay laughs through it and runs a hand through his hair before shrugging carelessly, "I am, but I'll get over it."

"Alright, it's done," Grey returns back to us. He raises an eyebrow at Jay, "I'm surprised you're letting Troy drive?"

Jay blinks at him, confused, before sharing a knowing look with me. He turns back to Grey with a hint of worry swirling through his blue eyes, "Please don't tell me he has my keys and please don't tell me he's in the driver's seat."

"Both of those things are happening," Grey clicks and sighs when we hear RV 1 roaring to life with a loud hum. Max and the others all begin to yell and bang on the locked doors of RV 1 as it slowly begins to move. 

"He's going to drive away, isn't he?" Grey asks aloud in despair.

"Most likely," I nod. 

"So long suckers!" Troy throws a soda bottle out of the moving vehicle's window at us as he slowly passes us by.

If I were still on the roof of that RV, I would probably be dead now.  

Jay dodges the hit just in time by holding his head with both hands and ducking. "Yup, he's definitely driving away alright," Jay shakes his head in defeat as he stands up straight again to look on the RV vanishing from our sight.

We vaguely hear Troy's laughter before RV 1 picks up in speed and disappears from view.

Grey sighs in hopelessness as he marches back to his RV, "I'll go fetch him."

"Kick his ass while you're at it," Jay adds.

"You can bet on it."

*~*~*~**~*~*~*

"BroJay, my eye is still really sore. The ice isn't helping at all, I just feel really cold now," Troy complains for the millionth time as a blue bruise forms over the soft, overly-moisturized skin of his eye.