Chapter 38: Shot in the Dark

"They came out of nowhere," Troy says into the video camera as he continues to make his lame and very over exaggerated - bordering on one big fat lie - video diary, "I wasn't prepared. I couldn't defend myself and now here am I...stuck in the wilderness...cold and alone-"

"We're all standing right here with you," Bells protests with a roll of her eyes at hearing her brother's stupidity. She mindlessly carries on with her attempts on his request to braid his short hair and make him look 'sassy'.

Troy ignores her and continues on filming himself despite Bells being caught in the background, "I'm starving and have no food. I've currently been without food and shelter for approximately sixty years, give or take. The sun is beating down on my face, the sweat and blood are-"

"You just said it was cold," Jezel interrupts him this time.

"Dripping down, drawing in the cannibals of the mountain range to come and devour me and play instruments with my bones...as if the damn alien invasion wasn't enough to tackle at the time," Troy goes on, ignoring his sister and supposed wife's gasps of horror. "I can't quite be sure when it was Bigfoot and Yeti attacked and took me down-"

"How can they both live in the same region?" Dylan questions, logical about everything as always. "The one thrives in icy and snowy climates while the other lives in the woods."

"But I'm a survivor," Troy nods adamantly into the camera, tuning Dylan out, "in fact, I should be on 'Survivor'. I'd make an alliance with myself and betray all of my useless allies...but that's beside the point, I'm getting ahead of myself here. I guess what I'm trying to say is," he puts on a serious expression, "kids, stay in school."

"The relevance?" Benley shakes his head, used to this kind of thing taking place by now, especially seeing as it's coming from none other than Troy Bensten himself. "If anything, you should be saying 'don't do drugs'," Ben mocks dryly.

"I'm still hoping to be rescued one of these days," Troy sighs into the camera as if this is all truly a burden to him, as if he's lost all hope, "but if there's one thing I've learned thus far, one thing that I can take from this experience of complete abandonment," he pauses dramatically, building up anticipation, along with irritation from the rest of us who are temporarily invisible to him until he needs something again, "is that I will see you all in five year's time. Be on the look out for a green hood. You have all failed me. Troy Queen out!" 

He places his hand in front of his face as if to vanish into thin air before pressing a button and ending his pointless clip.

"No one is going to believe any of that," Mia points out the facts based on Troy sprouting nonsense.

"My followers and true friends will," he states confidently before immediately posting the video on Twitter for his 'true friends' - consisting of four, one of them being an organization - to see. 

His entire face suddenly drops, "I just lost a follower!" he exclaims in shock before his blue-green eyes light up with fire, "Max!" he yells before marching his way to the bonfire where the guys are all busy 'roughing it', as Grey would say.

It's hilarious to see the guys' stares of envy as us girls (Benley, Dylan, Ryan, Simo and Troy included in the mix) use their tents and luxuries to our will. We're all laughing and having a good time (at least before Troy ruined it) while the guys are all grouching about the hard, cold ground among several other things they're not happy with.

Landon is still convinced we cheated. He won't accept that he lost to us. Max is taking it worse - I mean he just unfollowed Troy, his best friend, and now he's busy making fun of Troy's beautiful braids and Simo's painted nails - all pink and sparkly.