Chapter 37 : The Dawn Revealed!

It has been almost two years since Ara arrived at Kumo. Her name once again change into Killer Crow. Bee forced her (much to her dismay), with the reward of him not rapping as often as before, and sadly that name suits her.

She became an ANBU just like Bee. The best tag team in Kumo. The Duo Killers Jinchūrikis. Sounds scary, but in Kumo, people really respects jinchūrikis. Sad that Yugito Nii isn't an ANBU. It would have become a trio.

"Enough."

Ara fell to the ground, dispelling her jutsu after hearing A's command. "You must go easy on me, A. Seriously, this really hurts!"

A raised an eyebrow, before he offered his hand at Ara to take. Ara grabbed his large hand, expecting him to pull her up.

He did pull her up, but then he throws her up into the air.

Ara shrieked in shock, activating her Justu once again. Metal wings sprouted out of her back, and she stayed in the air, glaring at the Kage.

"What the hell?!"

"There. You finally fly." He simply said, causing her eye to twitch. She flew down, landing shakily on the ground.

"Damn you." She muttered, as her wings dispersed, and fox ears popped out, along with tails and fangs. She growled, before she once again lunged at him in anger.

"Okay, okay! I'm sorry! Fine, you win! We won't be training again!" He exclaimed in panic. Ara's claws were the only thing that scares him.

She immediately stopped, turning off her kitsune form.

"Wait. Really? You're not lying, are you?"

He nodded, "Tomorrow is the last day of you being in Kumo. Besides, that jutsu is the last thing you have to learn, and you succeed."

Ara tilted her head, raising an eyebrow at A.

"Seriously?"

"Yes. But you will do your last mission, accompanied by Bee. You must first rendezvous with an ANBU team from Konoha."

"And what for?"

"The Ichibi's jinchūriki live in Suna. He was the Kazekage's son, 5 years of age now. Gaara Sabaku. I'm not sure about the details, but it involves the Bijū and the seal. Now hurry up, you must be there in 5 days."

Ara sighed, looking at Bee, who was grinning as always.

"See you later, Brother! We'll be going now, but we won't be gone forever!"

*/*\*/*\*

"Ugh..." Ara muttered, as she pulled her dark grey cloak closer to her body, trying to hide from the raging wind around them. She and Bee almost reached the rendezvous point. And to be truthful, the weather's far from friendly.

"Hey, is that bonfire?" Ara asked, as she saw a small light from afar. Bee turned at her, shrugging.

"Who knows. Should we check it out?"

Ara nodded, fastening her pace, as she took off her ANBU mask, following her partner's action.

As they reached the small clearing, they met two cloaked person. One's a man with spiky black hair, and the other's a woman with blonde hair, both sitting across each other, the bonfire between them.

'Why are they putting on a genjutsu?' Bee asked through the twitch of his fingers.

Ara sighed heavily.

"Ne, 's really cold out 'ere, eh?" Ara asked in her usual fake accent, as she walked past Bee, closer to the two strangers.

The man smiled. "Indeed. Who are you, by the way? My name is Shike, and this is Yuo." He introduced himself, pointing at the woman.

"... Shike? That's a pathetic fake name." Ara commented, as she now recognized the man's chakra, "You should use 'Kaita' or anything else. Shike sounds ridiculous."

The man narrowed his eyes. "What are you talking about?"

"... Have you lost your genius side, Aniki?" Ara muttered, as she pulled out the crow pendant he gave her 5 years ago.

The man's eyes immediately lit up, and he dispelled his genjutsu.

"Ara?"

The said girl let out a sigh, pulling down her hood. And Kakashi took time to analyze her appearance.

She looked different. Her eyes shone brighter than the last time he saw them, even though they looked tired. Her magenta right eye was so contrast against the black Kumo headband beside it, which covered her left fox-like eye. She has half of her face covered with a black scarf, while her silver hair now reached her midback, tied in a low messy ponytail.

"Hi." She said with a small smile, as she sat next to him, and leaned on his shoulder.

Kakashi chuckled, pulling her closer, and closed his eye.

Bee narrowed his eyes at her spontaneous action, and his calm reaction.

"Oi, Crow, who's this?"

"My Aniki, Kakashi Hatake." Ara mumbled sleepily, "Aniki, that's Bee, Hachibi's host, my temporary 'big brother' at Kumo. Now all of you shut up, I'm so damn tired and I want to sleep." She said, snuggling closer to Kakashi.

"My partner here is Yūgao Yuzuki." Kakashi said, as the woman dispelled her genjutsu, now being a purple-haired girl in Konoha's ANBU uniform, "But you can't sleep just yet, young lady. Why are you copying my style?"

"Got no idea on how to wear my headband." She replied shortly, "And about the scarf? Masks don't suit me, and I feel safer when my face is covered. Beside, the weather's so cold."

Kakashi scoffed. "Still a smart*ss, I see." He muttered.

Ara laughed slightly, before she fell asleep.

*/*\*/*\*

"She never did that to me in Kumo." Bee suddenly commented, as he sat down, slightly frowning at Ara's sleeping figure, "Are you guys related by blood?"

"No." Kakashi replied calmly, as he moved Ara's head onto his lap, secretly wiping away some tears from her visible eye. He softly stroke her pale cheeks, untying her hair, and starts running his fingers through it, removing the messy knots.

"My sensei found her outside Konoha's forest, unconscious, and later I became her bodyguard. At first I don't like her, but later I became very attached to her. And she decided to take my last name." The Hatake explained, "We have been living together for about 3 years. Maybe we're just so similar in many ways that we became very close."

Bee nodded. "She's a nice girl. But I don't understand why does she never talks about her parents. And why does she try to hide the fact that she's a jinchūriki?"

Kakashi sighed, leaning on the tree behind him.

"In Konoha, people hate the Kyūbi. He almost destroys the whole village about 4 years ago. And people in Konoha couldn't see the difference between bijū and jinchūriki."

"That's insane!" Bee exclaimed, "How can they-..."

"Nothing is impossible. They beat her up, you know. But don't tell this to anyone, especially her."

Bee nodded, as he sighed heavily, and looked away.

*/*\*/*\*

"Are you crazy?!" Yūgao exclaimed, out of shock and anger, at Ara. The said girl grunted.

"Crossing across Ame is not just risky, it technically is the same like killing ourselves!" Bee added.

Ara crossed her arms stubbornly. Her brother let out a heavy sigh.

"Why the hell do you even want to go there? We know almost nothing about the Village Hidden in The Rain." Kakashi asked, trying to calm himself down.

"I just do! Why can't you trust me?!"

"Well, what if they kill us?!" Yūgao yelled, causing Ara's glare to hardened.

"How can my own family kills me?!"

As soon as those words left her mouth, she gasped and slammed her palm onto her mouth. The others fell silent.

"Your family... is in Ame?" Kakashi asked as his brain managed to process the information.

Ara pinched the bridge of her nose. "Fine. You caught me. But please don't tell anyone. Yes, I was born in Ame. My family is there. Happy now?"

"... Kami save us all..." Kakashi muttered.

"How can you hide this kind of information from Lord Hokage?! You are to be-..."

"Yūgao. Enough. She has rights to keep this secret. Lord Hokage himself never asks about her home village." Kakashi commanded, causing Yūgao to snort in annoyance and looked away.

"Lead the way, Princess of the Rain!" Bee announced, grinning.

Not affected at all with the news.

*/*\*/*\*

Is it just me or the chapter is short? Tell me.

I know this is a boring chapter, but the next one will be better.

Tell me what you think, Reader-senpais! Comment!