Chapter 52 : Sayonara, Shisui.

NOTE:

Yes, I'm not dead. Surprise~

Well, here I am with such a short chapter, but I promised myself I'll update at least one story on this account and another one on MIdnightPilots, so, it's better than nothing? I'm gonna update Red Eyes after this, then work on the others.

(I never enjoyed Christmas so this is my lame attempt at making you suffer with me *gets slapped*)

Merry Christmas, y'all! Sorry for the angst!

*/*\*/*\*

As crazy as he is, Ara still didn't like it when Shisui leaves without a word. She had gotten used to his constant presence in the past few weeks, so one day without any of his comments seemed off.

The first day he didn't visit, Ara kept her front door unlocked. While she spent most of her free time in her bedroom, almost every hour she would leave the comfort of her bed to peek into the kitchen, hoping that she would find a certain Uchiha raiding her fridge.

Such wishful thinking.

Not a word from Shisui and Ara's already so disturbed. What if anyone really dies?!

*/*\*/*\*

On the second day, his summon appeared on her windowsill. The crow sat there quietly, watching her every move, only leaving to follow her wherever she goes, not eating or sleeping at all. That little bird left many scratch marks on the wooden pane, but Ara never complained.

*/*\*/*\*

On the third day, she went to see Fugaku. He greeted her with a tight smile. "I sent him on a solo mission. You need not to worry about him."

"But where is he going?"

"You are a dear friend of my sons, Miss Hatake, but I'd appreciate it if you don't interfere with our clan's private business. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have a meeting to attend."

Mikoto's apologies barely eased her anger, but Sasuke's tears did. He asked and asked and kept asking, "What's going on? Where's Aniki?" and Ara didn't have any answer. Still doesn't, in fact.

*/*\*/*\*

Much to her surprise, someone else demanded to see her on the fourth day. Itachi appeared on her doorstep, about an hour before sunrise, continuously knocking on her door until she let him in. The moment they were out of sight, he pinned her on the wall as he glared at her with his Sharingan.

"Where is he?!"

Yūsha growled at his aggression, which barely bothers Ara at all.

"Well, nice to see you too. Hana has been asking about you. Would you like some tea?"

Itachi's glare sharpened. "I'm not kidding, Ara. Where's Shisui?!"

"I don't know!" she growled back, "Why are you asking me? Ask your father, ask Danzo, ask the Hokage! Ask the ones who made this whole massacre plan, ask the ones who wants this coup! Why ask me?!"

"You're the one who-"

"Who what, Itachi? The one who's been spending her free time with him? The one who's been assigned as his partner in the last few missions? The one he visited the most? The one outsider who knows about the coup? What kind of bullshit has Root been feeding you?!"

Itachi's hand released her collar and he took a few steps back, leaning on the wall. His glare didn't lessen even a bit, but at least he didn't try to harm her anymore.