Chapter 20 : Kurama and Kasu

-You're wasting time here, foolish mortal.- The voice inside her head told Ara. And somehow, she's already used to it. Having a grumpy voice inside your head isn't that bad.

Even she began to enjoy his company.

'Well, what should I do, then?'

-Can't you just go training, or something?-

'As much as I want to do that, I can't.' Ara calmly said.

-Hm? Your point?-

'I don't know how long am I going to be locked here, so I can't waste any chakra.'

She can feel the voice hummed in agreement.

-Ah. Point taken.-

CRASH!!!

Ara's eyes snapped open. Her head turned towards the small ventilation. Someone had destroyed it, creating a large hole. An escape.

But the one standing above her is not her Otou-sama. It's not Yūsha.

It's not her Aniki, either.

*/*\*/*\*

"WHAT? What do you mean she's missing?!" Danzo's angry voice was heard throughout the Root's base.

"It seems like she managed to break the entrance, and ran away." The ANBU professionally reported.

The elder slammed his cane angrily onto the floor.

"I don't care what it takes, just FIND HER! Find that Kyūbi brat and lock her up in that place!"

*/*\*/*\*

Ara didn't react, and keep her eyes closed as someone put a chain around her ankle, and another around one of her wrist.

As she felt the person left the place, she opened her eyes.

To find herself in the middle of a cage.

'Ah.... crap. I'm chained again.'

-What worse, now they chained your wrist, too.-

'What do they want, anyways?'

-I'm sure they want to use you as their weapon.- the voice said.

Ara sighed.

*/*\*/*\*

Kakashi can only looked at the tiger cub in frustration. Yūsha couldn't keep his adult form for too long, due to the fact that he had been separated from Ara for almost a month.

-Stop staring.-

'Sorry.' The Hatake replied solemnly, and turned at Ara's bed in front of him.

Who else has a shark plushie? A snake keychain? A rose origami?

Okay, the last one is actually amazing.

But still!

Kami, how much he miss his sister.

Now don't get the wrong idea. It's not like he wants to sit in Ara's room, waiting for the Hokage to knock his door and said that he found Ara.

That is most unlikely wouldn't happen.

And like he had told him, Kakashi doesn't trust Minato.

Kakashi could just ran out of the village and find her.

And after that, he will be put in prison and got Ara scolding him for hours.

Or the second scenario, he and Yūsha could wait in the village, while Sukoshi is searching for Ara in the forest outside Konoha. When he found valuable clues, Kakashi will starts searching, with Yūsha as the tracker.