Chapter 42 : Different

"Get her out of the team!!"

Ara flinched, letting out a sigh, as she turned to Minato, who was sitting in front of the group of Anbus. Kakashi was leaning on the wall beside the door, Yūgao on the other side, both are silently scolding Ara with their gaze. Ara herself was sitting on the windowsill, hugging her knees with a pout on her face.

"I know one day this will happen. But this soon? You just have your first mission, Kyūra." The Yondaime told the jinchūriki, calling her with her Anbu code name.

Ara scoffed, looking away as she stretched her arm out, soon having Yūsha landed on it as a crow.

"What is it that makes you despise me?" She asked, as she let out a huff.

"First: you can't use any jutsu."

"Second: it's suspicious how you insist on taking over the watch for the whole nights."

"Third: it's disturbing seeing how you talked with your tiger."

-Now I feel offended.- Yūsha commented, causing Ara to snicker at him.

"Well, I agree with you, Yūsha." She replied as he turned into a white tiger.

"You see that?! Is she even sane?!"

Ara shrugged at the question.

"Another thing that annoys me: she's eating f*cking lollipops from the beginning until the end of the mission! I mean, can't she focus on the task?!"

This comment caused her to glare at the speaker. "No rules banned it! And I still finish the mission, even twice sooner than the plan!"

"Your attitude pissed us off."

"Lies." Ara bluntly said, "Can't you just say what's in your mind? Or should I tell Yondaime for you?"

"You hate me. It's obvious." She announced, as she crossed her arms and looked out, now one of her legs is dangling outside the window.

"You hate me because I am the youngest among all of you, yet stronger than you. Of course, because I trained to the point of dying."

"You think I took away your captain's attention. For your information, idiots, he is my brother. He worries about me because he is a normal human."

"You hate me, because I'm the Kyūbi, as how people say. Oh, please, do I look like a demon for you? I am the prison, not the prisoner. Use your damn brain!"

"Additional note. I would really appreciate it if you just stand right in front of me, look straight at my eyes, and tell me how much you want me dead. It's much better than watching you whining in front of the Hokage asking for me to be kicked out of your team."

"You little-..."

"Enough." Minato commanded, looking at the masked Anbus in front of him, "You are all dismissed. I need to talk to Kyūra about this. Anyone who's on her side may stay."

Everyone left, only Ara, Minato, Kakashi, Yūgao, and Tenzō remained in the room.

Minato glanced at Yūgao, who opened her mask and shrugged. "Well, she is a good girl at heart. On mission, though, it's true that she is skillful, and very helpful, but I can hardly tolerate her."

"... I'll say that for this mission, I second that." The older Hatake surprisingly said.

"Hardly tolerate...? Was she that bad?" The Namikaze asked, earning a nervous chuckle from Tenzō.

"Well, you see, Lord Hokage..." The brunette trailed off, as flashback crossed his mind.

***

"I'll take watch, don't worry! You must be tired! Just get into the tent, Aniki, Yūgao!" The young silverette assured, ushering her brother and a certain purple-haired Anbu to enter a tent.