Chapter 23

"William and Josephine, report to the dance floor for your Newlywed first dance," Katie announced a few minutes later.

William grinned, standing up. "Come on, I picked out a beautiful song," he promised.

She sighed and might have protested if her hand wasn't already wrapped in his and being pulled gently.

They unknown song began to play it's Intro just as he pulled her close and began waltzing around the dance floor while camera's flashed feverishly.

"Mind if I sing to you?" He questioned as the words she wasn't paying attention to began to play.

Josephine shook her head slowly.

"Good, 'cause I was going to do It anyway," he admitted, spinning her.

She chuckled and laid her head on his shoulder.

"Now that the weight has lifted, and love has surely shifted my way," he whispered into her ear. "Marry me, today and everyday, Marry Me, if I ever ever get the nerve to say hello in this café, say you will. Ooh, ooh. Say you will. Ooh, ooh."

A tear escaped her eye as he sang, so beautifully, so perfectly.

"Together could never be close enough for me, I feel like I am close enough to you. You wear white, and I'll out the words 'I love you', and 'Your beautiful'. Now that the wait is over and love has finally showed her my way," he murmured. Each word was on it's proper beat and had it's proper melody.

"Will, please don't. You're making me cry," she told him. "I'll mess up my mascara."

He chuckled. "I'm nearly done, listen, the bridge is my favorite part," he insisted, waiting a moment for the chorus to end. "Promise me, you'll always be, happy by my side," he whispered, not even bothering with the melody. "I promise to, sing to you, when all the music dies."

"Will," she said in a tear-filled voice.

He grinned, singing again. "Marry me, today and everyday. Marry me, if I ever get the nerve to say hello in this café say you will. Mm umm. Say you will. Mm umm. Marry me, Mm umm," he finished right along with the song.

Josephine's tears continuously fell, despite her efforts as "Vanilla Twilight" by Owl City began to flow from the speakers.

"Alright, they had their dance, Now everyone get out there!" Josephine's new Mother-in-Law called.

But she couldn't seem to stop crying, no matter how many people she heard walk onto the dance floor.

William continued to hold her for a moment before gently leading her back to where they had previously been sitting. "I'm sorry if my singing was a bit off, my lungs aren't the best," he joked.

She chuckled. "No, you were great, that's the problem."

He brought a green napkin to her eyes, wiping away the tears. "You're right about one thing at least," he murmured.

"What?" She sniffled.

"These napkins, they go perfectly with the color scheme of your eyes," he clarified before kissing his wife deeply for the second time.

"Now isn't that sweet!" An unfamiliar voice to him exclaimed.

He sighed in slight annoyance as he pulled away, why oh why did people have to keep bothering him at the wrong moments?

William turned to see Gustavo grinning broadly with an open computer in his arms.

A woman with medium length, wavy, jet black hair, and emerald eyes was smiling and waving at them from the screen. Her skin had no wrinkles, strange for a sixty-five year old woman, and it had it's own natural glow to it. She was quite pretty in Williams eyes, much like his new wife.

"Will, meet my mother, Gabrielle," Josephine explained, standing up. "You two talk while I go and dance with my dad ok?" And with after quick kiss she disappeared into the crowd.

"Hello William, I really wish I could shake your hand or something," she chuckled.

He swallowed, her laugh was precisely like her daughters; enchanting. He had no doubt in his mind that Gustavo had fallen in love with it just as he had. "Ah, well I can shake your hand later tonight," he assured her.

Her emerald eyes twinkled. "Thank you."

William frowned. "For what?"

"For making my daughter happy. For loving her the way you do," she clarified.

He smiled gently. "Well, she made it fairly easy," he admitted, glancing toward where she was dancing. How was it that she could be so incredibly beautiful?

"So you're happy?"

He turned his attention back to the screen with a sigh. "Yes. I am beyond happy," he pause for a moment before continuing. "You have the same laugh, did you know? It's rather... enchanting if I may."

She blushed slightly. "Thank you. I really wish I could be there with her right now. Ever since she was a little girl and couldn't even say Wedding yet, she's dreamed of it. I even bought her this play costume wedding dress," she said with a sigh.

William smiled slightly. "Don't you worry about that, she's perfectly alright with it. Josephine understands and is very anxious to be with you," he assured her. If she had been sitting with him he would have taken her hands in a friendly gesture to calm her down.

She smiled back. "If you say so," she murmured, just as Jose appeared again.

"Mother I love you and I'll see you later but I need to steal my husband from you," she said hurriedly, pulling him away.

"Oh! Um, bye Gabrielle!" He called. "Where are you taking me?" He questioned.

She chuckled. "Listen to the song that's playing," she insisted, pulling him on the crowded dance floor.

He cocked his head to one side to hear an upbeat song that his mother sang all the time. "Um... What is it again?" He questioned.

Josephine threw her head back with laughter. "Come on Will, It's Dancing Queen!"

He nodded. "I see."

She shook her head and began swaying to the music. "Dance with me," she commanded gleefully.

He shrugged, obeying.

"You can dance! You can ji-hive! Having the time of your life. Ooh, see that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen!" Destiny and Josephine screamed together.

William shook his head at the scene with a slight smile on his lips. "I thought you were dancing with me," he pouted.

Destiny turned to face him. "Aww, are you jealous Willy?"

He stuck his tongue out at her. "I wasn't talking to you," he said grumpily.

Josephine chuckled, wrapping her arms around his neck. "I'll dance with you all night if you'd like," she promised.

William smiled and kissed her forehead. "Ah, but I don't know the words to this song."

She shook her head. "You don't have to sing It William. Just dance."

And so they danced the night away.