Chapter Twelve

(A:N// just Letting you guys know that I'm going To update every other day now.)

Chapter 12 Adieu 

Josephine was yet to move from her position against the door, where she had slid down the previous afternoon. Her legs where cramped, her bladder was whining in protest, and her eyes were red and puffy. Between sleep and tears the twenty hours she had been sitting here seemed to pass.  

It wasn't Williams fault that he had gotten cancer, so she had no good reason to be mad at him. Even If he hadn't told her immediately. It was for good reason, hi honestly how would that have worked out? If he had Just bumped into her that night and said "Hi, I'm William and I'm going to die soon." That wouldn't have worked out very well. 

So why couldn't she just waltz up to his front door and beg for him to take her back? Jose knew the answer no matter how hard she tried to deny it. 

She wasn't strong enough to lose him.  

When he died, Jose would be alone. It would be different from what she had been doing for the past twelve years because she would know exactly what she was missing out on. Although she couldn't just forget him now. She couldn't just let him go and move on. 

Josephine would rather spend these last short months of his life right at his side where she belonged rather than just letting the fear of his death keep her away. She would rather die herself than waste yet another opportunity. 

And so, Josephine stood. She wiped away her senseless tears, and brushed herself off. Nothing was going to change by her just sitting here and crying. 

She was in control of her life and she was going to make it the best. So she would talk to her love and pray that he would take her back. 

But first, she really needed to pee.

William patted his mothers arm one last time before letting her go. Her sobs had extinguished just like wild fire; slowly. Not that he was surprised, she was his mother after all. "Are you alright?" he asked quietly. 

She sniffles and nodded. "I always knew that you would grow to be bigger than me." she muttered to herself. 

William chuckled and messed up her hair. "you made it easy for me." 

"Tell me, how's paris been for you?" She asked as Smyth family smile moved onto her face. 

William looked away. "Paris is a beautiful city."  

All was silent as he felt his mothers eyes burning holes into his head. She saw right through him and she knew that he knew that simple fact. 

"and the people?" She pressed. 

William whistled for Louie in response.  

"Is it a girl?" She was practically begging him now. 

"I really, don't want to talk about it," he groaned, looking up. 

She cocked her head to one side, but nodded. 

"How did you know where I was?" he questioned after a moment. 

"Your job told me." 

"My hotel?" 

"you know, you really should change the password to that banking account of yours." 

William nodded, this wasn't unusual behavior from his mother. 

Katie opened her mouth to say something, only to close it again when the timid knock sounded at the door. 

"Come on in Dez." he said without looking. 

"It's not Destiny." Josephine murmured as she opened the door.