Chapter 26

(A:N/// wow, this updating everyday thing is wearing me out! Who's idea was that lol.)

William awoke to the pleasant aroma of bacon early the next morning. Opening his eyes and stretching, he slowly began examining his surroundings.

Josephine's room still held most of the items from her childhood, as if she'd never left. A stack of Cd's sat collecting dust on the nightstand, pictures of various randomness littered the pink wall paper, and a single book shelf sat against the east wall.

He smiled as he noticed his favorite novel of all time To Kill a Mockingbird sitting on top the long mahogany dresser, separate from the others, which she admitted only just last night that it was because she'd read it so many times.

William stood from her queen sized bed, and with one last glance at the room, walked into the hallway and down the stairs.

"Morning sleepy head," Josephine said cheerfully the moment he walked into the kitchen.

"Good morning Misses Smyth," he replied, pecking her swiftly on the lips. "And Gabrielle."

She turned from the stove to smile at him before going back to her cooking. "How do you like your eggs William?"

"Tell her you like them cooked," Josephine whispered

Into his ear as she sat next to him.

"Um... Cooked I guess," he replied obediently.

She began laughing hysterically. "Josephine, did you have to?" She questioned, placing an egg onto a plate.

Josephine shrugged, laying her head onto her husbands shoulder. "What gave me away?"

Gabrielle tapped the metal above the stove with the handle of her spatula. "I saw you," she said, handing her a plate.

William swiftly stole a piece of her bacon as soon as it was close enough, popping it into his mouth before she could take it back.

"Will! You're such a pig!" She laughed.

He grinned. "So is the bacon."

She rolled her eyes before spooning some scrambled eggs into her mouth.

William licked his lips, preparing to strike again just as Gabrielle walked over to him. "Here William, my specialty breakfast," she said, handing him a full plate.

"Thank you," he replied, digging in.

"I hope you don't mind, us leaving so early," Josephine said a moment later.

She shook her head, sipping her tea. "Not at all, you can't spend your entire honeymoon here. How long are you staying anyway?"

"Just three days."

"Hm. Make sure you show him-"

"We're going to see absolutely everything, do you mind if we steal a picnic basket full of food for lunch?"

"No. Just don't take my good one."

William just watched the pair have their conversation while he enjoyed his breakfast. Well, he was mostly staring at the way her lips moved when she talked, how adorable she looked with her chestnut curls pulled back into a ponytail, and the way her emerald eyes sparkled in the morning light.

"Will?" She questioned, slight annoyance coloring her tone.

"Yeah?" he mumbled, swallowing his mouth full of food.

Josephine sighed. "I asked you twice, do you want to make the basket?"

William frowned in confusion for a moment before understanding what she was talking about. "Oh, uh yeah, sure."