A Feeling

Woah. Woah, woah, woah! Caleb is... nevermind.

Mackenzie caught up to me after History class. "What's wrong with you?" Mackenzie asked.

"W-what?" I was daydreaming.

"You never returned my calls. Look at your phone." She raised my skinny arm in which I was holding my phone, with notifications of 14 missed calls, "I called you like, more than half a dozen times, and you never picked up!"

"Yeah, that's nice." I softly murmured.

"What's with your face? You're gazing into nothing. Nothing, or something... as in your dreams! You're dreaming! What happened, tell me what happened!" Mackenzie squealed.

I wiped off my expression and walked with my head down towards my locker. She doesn't have to know... wait, but she's my bestie!

"Tell me!" Mackenzie urged. i guess this comes with a best friend.

"Fine, fine." I rolled my eyes, "On the way here, I bumped into this guy, and he's super nice! He goes to our school and I recognized him from last year..."

"So you like him?" Mackenzie asked.

"No!" I leaned against my locker, "I don't even know him." Then someone came up to the locker next to mine and took out some things, then he stopped.

"Emilie?"

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! It's Caleb. He just heard everything I said. But why didn't I see him yesterday...

"Sorry to scare you, I didn't come yesterday and I hadn't realized we were locker neighbors. Well at least its someone I know." Caleb chuckled, "See ya, Emilie."

"Bye..." I muttered, "...Caleb." As soon as he left I slid down to the floor.

Mackenzie had a huge grin on her face. "So that's Caleb. How long have you two known each other?"

"Macken-", I began, but the school bell rang, I ran off to my class, "See you later, Mac!"

~~~~~~~

After school, I raced home before Mackenzie could catch up to me. As soon as I got to my house, I sat in the bench on our front porch.

I stared at our two story house. Just my dad and I, in one big, red house. And my Maltese, Chippy. My mom was in Europe for work purposes. I saw my dad mowing the lawn and I grasped the key of our house from my necklace and unlocked the door and zoomed to the yard.

"Hey, Dad." I greeted him.

"Hey, kiddo." Dad heartily said as I hugged him, "What's put you in such a good mood?"

"No, nothing, really. It's just a really nice day today." I layed myself onto the grass, staring at the clouds. Why do I feel so happy-go-lucky and joyous? I never feel this happy.

I got up from the ground and went to my room. I sat on my bed, and thought. What if I do start liking this guy like Mackenzie said? It would make sense... but I don't want to face what happened with Derek again...