A Change

It was a fresh new day at Shay Polish High. I sighed. I got into my English classroom, sat down, expecting Doris Fisherman to be next to me, but instead I saw black hair and almost-white-eyes.

"Hey," he waved. I nodded. I rested my head on my hand, then pretended to read. Why is he here? Why is he here? Why is he here?

"You like Shakespeare?" Caleb asked. I just grabbed the first book I could find from my bag.

"Sort of." I muttered. Then I thought for a moment. In a typical book or movie the guy would start saying all this stuff from Romeo and Juliet and the girl is like, 'Wow, what a hunk!' Then they live happily ever after! I hate endings of books like that. It ruins the mood.

"I hate Shakespeare. It's like speaking jibberish, no offense to Shakespeare-people." Caleb chuckled to himself and half-smiled, "I guess we're that different. Heh."

"I actually randomly grabbed this from my bag -er- I just get nervous sometimes..." I wasn't lying. It took me a while to give... Derek.... a chance.

He laughed to himself again. "Same with me. 'Specially with girls I know are way out of my league."

Him and I both laughed.

The teacher, Mr. Higgins, cleared his throat.

Caleb and I both turned away from each other. I looked down and fiddled my fingers. "Miss Taylor?"

I cleared my throat. "Um, yes, Mr. Higgins?"

"You think you're so smart you can talk during my class? Hmm?" Mr. Higgins raised a bushy eyebrow.

"Um, no, sir."

"Then why don't you listen and stop talking, Miss Taylor?"

I didn't say anything.

"I thought so." Mr. Higgins twisted his plump self to face Caleb, or formally, Mr... what's his last name again? "Mr. Masen. I suppose you don't have anything better to say than what Miss Taylor has said?"

"No, sir." Caleb murmured.

"Then I shall continue my class. I hope these two disrespectful deliquents learn to behave." Mr. Higgins snapped, then returned to his lesson.

After Mr. Higgins got to the other side of the classroom, I leaned to Caleb and whispered, "I didn't know I was a deliquent."

"Me either." Caleb did his half-smile again.

I decided to return to my lesson.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What was that? What is up with you lately? WHAT IS GOING ON WITH YOU?!" Mackenzie screeched as we walked home because she was sleeping over.

"What did I do this time?" I impatiently snapped. Mackenzie took her what-is-wrong-with-you face to a you-aren't-the-same-Emilie-Noelle-Taylor-I-know face.

"You seem different. You never snap back like that. You usually keep your feelings to yourself, besides what happened with Der- you know who." Mackenzie softened her tone. And she intensely looked at my face.

"Must be mood swings." Mackenzie sighed and continued walking.

"Yeah, mood swings." I shrugged and caught up to Mackenzie. I never have mood swings. I never have more than one mood in a day! I just need some sleep and in the morning I'll be fine. Or some food. We'll order pizza. Yeah, that's what I'll do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

trust me i know its boring but it gets alot better in the upcoming chapters!!! please if you're bored don't stop reading, it'll get much more exciting!! And also sorry for errors, I'm a bad editor, hehe, and thanks for reading my first story!!

-fantezie