A Weird Day

I COMPLETELY CHANGED THIS CHAPTER BEFORE IT WAS CALLED 'A SQUEAL' IF YOU READ IT BEFORE PLEASE REREAD IT THANKS lov yall for reading my book!!! <3 fantezie

~~~

I returned home with a soft smile on my face. I walked clumsily. Dazed off and daydreamed about Caleb and I.

"Welcome home, clumsy." Dad surprised me.

"Oh, hey, Dad." I waved, "I'm really tired so I'm just going to take a quick shower then go to bed. Is that cool?"

"Oh yeah, sure honey." Dad told me, "Just one question."

"Yeah?"

"Why're you all dazed up?" Dad suddenly looked worried, "Did you drink anything? Because if you did-"

"Dad! No drinks, in fact, I didn't even drink anything tonight. Nothing went wrong." I reassured him, "Good night."

He sighed. "G'night."

~~~~~~

As soon as I got to school I looked for Caleb. I saw him and walked akwardly to him.

I took a deep breath. "Hey, Cay."

"Um, hey, Emmie." Caleb choked, "I'm really sorry about yesterday..."

I smiled. "It's fine, I had a really nice time."

"What?" Caleb looked surprised.

"Yeah, even though that story scared me to death! I liked watching the stars with you." I looked down at my hand.

"I thought you didn't like the-uh-you know..." he fiddled his thumbs. I looked up at his face.

The school bell rang.

"I'll talk to you in English, 'kay?" I told Caleb.

Caleb half-smiled.

~~~~~~~

"Everyone turn to page 182 of your books and read up to page 217. When you're done, study for your upcoming tests next week." Mr. Higgins commanded as he walked around the front of the classroom, then he stopped and looked at me, "And no talking. Now I'll be in the back on my desk checking papers. If you need me, don't bother. And all detentions are to be served tomorrow." He strolled to the back of the room.

I took out a small piece of paper and then took out my textbook and pretended to read. I scribbled something onto the paper.

I had a great time last night. I really liked it. - E

I passed it to Caleb and I saw him smile as he read it. He wrote something down and passed it back to me.

That's a relief. I was hoping you'd say that.-C

Why wouldn't I? - E

I thought that you'd didn't like me. - C

I do, alot.You like me too, right? - E

Yeah. :) - C

I thought for a long time. Thank you. - E

For what? - C

Everything. Letting me cry on you, lending me your jacket, telling me everything's gonna be okay, stargazing with me, holding my hand. (: You make me feel happy. And all tingly inside. - E

No prob. So I guess we're like... together now. - C

Oh

I merely finished the note and passed it to Caleb. That hit me hard. I remembered being hit to the ground and almost being punched. I remembered being cheated on, lied to, and betrayed. And that was only a few months ago.