Chapter Two: Spin The Bottle & Silly String Wars

-Parker's POV-

"Can you believe that just happened?" I hear Josh state as Kyah goes in the kitchen. I nod along and watch as Kennedy sighs, getting up. I look up into her coffee brown eyes and grab her arm.

"Maybe she needs to be alone," I say. She smiles at my concern but shakes her head.

"She needs her best friend."

I watch as she quickly walks towards the kitchen. I watch everyone's faces, contemplating over what to do.

"Well this is just too much drama," Meghan says with an annoyed look on her face. I roll my eyes at that.
"Why is this drama?" Josh asks her with a confused look on his face. Josh has the bluest eyes I've ever seen and all the girls really like that about him. Mine are more of a crystal blue than an ocean blue but basically all of us guys have blue eyes. All different shades, and different personalities to go with.

  Kenny and I's are the most alike but Kenny has a more mischievous look to them. Funny how that perfectly matches his personality. Kenny likes to hang with us but he also has his girlfriend Heidi who is really pretty. His lock screen is a pic of her saying "I love you" to him. They're a cute couple.

Speaking of couples, I turn to see Meghan and Marcus holding hands. I give Marcus a small smile before standing up.
"I'm following Kennedy. I think we all should. Ky needs a friend," I say. They all agree and stand up to follow me.

"thought he was back from Afghanistan, Ken I-" I hear Kyah say as we enter in the middle of her sentence. She turns to us before pausing and tries to cover up her talking about her dad. It all makes sense now. He's stationed in Afghanistan. That's why we never see her dad. I figured her parents were divorced or something. In the corner of my eye I see Kennedy nod as Marcus continues the conversation on Mr.Gordon. Kyah is lost in her own world though, you can tell. Whenever she thinks no one is looking she spaces off, probably still trying to understand what just played out with the pizza guy. She must be pretty embarrassed. I would feel the same.

"I can't have pepperoni remember?" Kennedy says as we're talking about pizza and Josh asks Kennedy if she likes pepperoni. Random, I know.

"Oh yeah," he says laughing a little.
Kyah soon joins the laughter and says, "Oh, Josh. You and your short term memory loss. We seriously had this conversation on Wednesday." I laugh as she refers to two days before.

"We should play a game," Meghan says, a huge grin on her face.

"Okay, I'm up for it," Kenny says, taking off his neon sweatshirt to reveal his Waukee track muscle shirt.

-Kennedy's POV-
How do I say this without sounding totally lame? I don't know. But when Meghan brings up spin the bottle I'm pretty sure I almost peed my pants. No way. I haven't had my first kiss and it's definitely happening at a fam bam sleepover. I sit on the rug that lies in Kyah's living room in shock. I can't have my first kiss ruined by someone like Kenny or someone who is really close to me. I may really like Marcus but he likes Meghan. It'll never happen.

I always imagined my first kiss being perfect.

It'd be raining and the guy would offer to walk me to my house after our date. He'd have brown hair and a perfect jawline and teeth. He'd be a bad boy but I bring out the best in him. This amazing guy I just described would offer me his jacket so I don't get wet. And when we'd reach my door, he'd kiss me. Sparks would fly and we'd just know we're meant to be. It would be perfect.

But here I am with basically my family of friends whom I don't want to be any more than friends with, (well except Marcus), sitting in Kyah's living room with a plastic bottle and caution tape around my heart.