Chapter Eight: Hospitals & Milkshakes

-Ky's POV-

I open my eyes to find myself in the same hospital room, but I'm alone. I sigh when I turn and hear the heart monitor beeping loudly as I inhale the smell of hospital. I feel like a weight is sitting on my chest when I scratch my neck and sit up.

"Hey I just went to grab you a glass of water." A voice greets. I look up to see natural curls and pretty green eyes.

"Meghan?" I ask, shocked. She nods, and hands me the glass that is half way filled. I smile, take the glass, and stop myself before taking a sip.

"You didn't poison me again, did you?" I question her with a fake smile. She rolls her eyes before laughing and shaking her head. "I genuinely didn't know you were allergic." Wow. She's a really bad liar.

"You're a really bad liar, you know that?" I tell her bluntly, setting the glass on the bedside table. She looks down at her feet before looking me straight in the eyes and says,

"I'm not who you think I am. I'm not evil anymore. I want to be different, and I'm going to. Just because our parents are enemies, doesn't mean we should. Come on, Ky-" I interrupt her right away.

"Only my friends call me that, Meghan." She seems hurt but continues. "Kyah," she corrects. "I didn't mean to hurt you. And I don't want to anymore. Can't you see? I'm not my mother. I'm not going to lose everything I love just to get revenge on someone. What do you say? Can't we be friends?" She tries, reaching her hand out. I stare at it for a moment, contemplating my next move. I try and recall the countless times she's tried or has completed her mission to hurt me.

When I had lost my father, she tormented me for years over it. Calling me the "orphan." Like I didn't still have a mom or something. When her ex and her broke up she told the whole school I was some slut he slept with and that I have him an STD. My crush, Kyle lost his interest in me and now doesn't talk to me. She made me have an allergic reaction and she's the reason I'm in the hospital bed. How can I forgive her after all the awful shit she's done to me?

"I don't know, why don't you ask Kyle?" I say, holding back tears. Just saying his name makes me want to kneel over and cry. She holds her heart and begins to look at the floor.

"Can't you see you've done enough damage?" She nods, and begins to play with the hem of her Pink tshirt. I sigh.

"But I'm a forgiving person. I may be able to forgive you, Megs." She looks up at the sound of her nickname and a small smile forms. "I just need time and proof that I can." She nods confidently. I pull her into a hug before she says that she's going to get everyone else. I nod and try to collect myself. When the door shuts I begin to think through everything.

What was up with that dream? Like what did it mean? I begin to reach under the pillow for my diary before realizing I'm in the hospital. I can't forget the dream, though.It has to stay on my mind before I forget. My diary is the place I write down everything. Special dreams, thoughts, or just to reflect on my day. Tears and smiles have gone into that diary.

I begin cough up a storm, before turning over in bed. Okay, I think I'm feeling much better. Good sleep and whatever this tube in my throat is, is helping my throat open up so I can breathe. It's still a bit swollen, but now I can talk. I still sound a bit raspy, but it's better than nothing. I'm closing my eyes when I hear the door click open.

Stay awake, Ky. Stay awake.

"Hey, how you feeling?" I hear Kennedy say when she's sat down in the chair next to me, coffee in hand. I smile and sit up quickly. She grins when she realizes I can sit up now.

"I'm okay. I can talk now. I just sound scratchy," I reply, pulling her into a tight hug. She grins, squeezing and holding on to me like a lifeline. I smile and close my eyes, glad to have my best friends with me. They all make me a lot happier. Parker then touches my shoulder, and smiles, meeting my eyes.