Chapter Twenty-Five: Global Warming & Shirtless Guys

-Ky's POV-

After spring formal, everything was kind of a mess, not going to lie. Marcus and Mara got in a huge fight because Marcus called her pretty instead of beautiful (dumbest thing ever if I'm being honest). Mara was being a huge bitch and ended up going home with another guy. Jahaira and Josh ended up deciding they're better off as friends because they didn't quite have the connection to be dating. It all ended up going the way it did for the best though. We all crashed at mine, still a little drunk, but I was sober enough to drive everyone home.
***
"Ky," Parker whispers, shaking me awake. My eyes flutter open and I'm greeted with the freckled blonde boy I call my best friend who seems to have a blank look on his face.

"Yeah, dude?" I ask, honestly confused and half asleep. He smiles and picks me up off of the mattress.

"Umm, Parker?" I question. He just ignores me and continues to carry me up the stairs and into a room where the others are sitting.

"Umm guys? What's up?" I ask, yawning. My hair is in a messy braid, and I'm wearing an oversized coca-cola tee and spanks.

"We just wanted to tell you something," Josh tells me. I scratch my head, trying to anticipate their next words.

"We've got some bad news," Parker says, rubbing his hands together nervously. I shake my head. What's going on now?

"I'm sorry to inform you but I'm going to be living here with you," Josh tells me. I shake my head and begin to laugh my ass off.

"Is today April Fools or some shit? No way are you living here, bud. You guys are funny. Okay, where's the cameras? Am I being Punk'd?" I say, throwing my head back in laughter. I look to Reece and she bites her lip nervously.

Shit.

"Umm no it's April 10th, Ky," Parker says quietly. Josh seems a bit hurt as I push a loose piece of hair out of my face.

"Wait... Why do you have to come live with me?" I ask. He looks to the floor and I feel like everything is crashing down when he says,

"Your mom is missing."
***
-Josh's POV-

Someone has taken Mel. None of us are sure, but there could only be one person. Kyle. Why would he fucking take her mom, though? And her mom has telekinesis, couldn't she find a way back here no problem? Until she comes back, my mom is making me live with Ky. I don't mind though. She's basically my sister and I want to be here for her, I just feel bad. What could they want with her mom?

I know one thing though, if her mom dies, Ky must stay alive because she has to pass down the superhero gene.

"I want to fucking kill him," Reece groans next to me, pacing Ky's floor as we wait for Ky to come down so we can go to school.

"Calm down, Reece. We can't even hurt him on school grounds and especially not with our powers. That's revealing ourselves and that's the last thing Ky wants. You know that," I tell her in a brotherly tone. She mutters profanities and rolls her eyes.

"We have to do something, Josh," she whines, resting her head on the wall by the stairs. I shake my head and put my hand on her shoulder.

"And we will, okay? Just give it time," I tell her. She nods and pulls me into a hug.

"Do I look okay?" Ky asks Reece as she races down the stairs. Reece pulls out of our hug and nods eagerly. Ky has a tie dye tee on, some black leggingsn, and her hair down naturally. She forces a smile, I toss her the keys, and we head out.
***
-Parker's POV-

I tap my pencil impatiently on the desk as I watch the clock tick. I'm so bored. I look to my right and find Marcus in the seat next to me. We have track practice after this period and he's my ride. Him & I are really good sprinters, Josh does shot put, and Hunter does hurdles. The girls do track too, but I know it's hurting all of our training schedules. We really need to be prepared now that Ky's mom has been taken.