Chapter Eleventh: Pity Parties & Lairs

-Kyah's POV-
"I like him so much, but he will never feel the same," he says, pulling out a familiar journal. It used to be safe under my pillow, only for my eyes. But now hundreds are listening intently to my words. The words I meant full heartedly.

"Kyle James Reed is perfect with his soft dark brown hair," he says, running his fingers through his hair. I feel eyes everywhere on my reaction, but I just don't feel anything. I feel numb. I feel worthless.

I'm so stupid.

"And his crystal blue eyes, what more could you ask for in a guy? Don't forget his funny but also genuine personality. He makes me laugh and I'm so glad I get to spend math, Spanish, and English with him everyday." He reads, using his finger to hold his place. I feel someone's hand on my shoulder, but all my thoughts blur. I feel as if the world is crashing down on me.

"Ever since my dad left for the military, I've felt sad inside and I feel like people fill the empty space. My best friends, my mom, the history of my grandfather and the gift he has given me, and even Kyle." He says softly with disbelief. He shakes his head. "Wow, talk about obsessed." The crowd bursts with laughter as I feel everyone's eyes on me. Why me? What did I do to deserve this?

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

Hie skips a few pages as I hear people chuckle. I then hear him pull to a page I wrote last week, the day I told them about us being superheroes. When I hear the date, I lock eyes with Reece. This could be the end. The day they all find out who we all are. I feel my eyes cloud with tears.

I can't just stand here. I can't just keep my mouth shut.

I don't know my plan or the thoughts running through my head. I just feel my feet find their way onto the stage. The stage where I've been humiliated by some cocky, popular boy who thinks he's all that.  I snatch the diary and watch as his eyes widen with shock.

"Kyle James Reed, congratulations. You made me cry. How about you get out of my best friend's house, and go find another person's life to make a laughing stock out of? Because this isn't funny to me." He's speechless as he steps back. I'm so done with this boy.

"I'm sorry that my dad risks his life out there for our country," I say, staring out into the crowd. I glare at the boy in front of me. "I'm sorry that you like dumb sluts who will never really love you. I'm sorry that you think it's okay to hurt me in front of everybody. But guess what I'm not afraid of these people!" I scream. "I make mistakes. I don't trust the right people and I apologize when I make mistakes." I counter, pointing at him. He just looks down at his feet before locking eyes with me again.

"But most importantly, I'm sorry that I fell for the most deceiving, fake, and rudest person I've ever met. You, Kyle James Reed, are a fake. You have no balls and are a total dick." I say, gritting my teeth. I choke on my last words.

"I wish I'd never met you."

He sighs before smirking, waving, and heading out the door with Britney. I set the microphone up and watch as girls roll their eyes. Reece and Kennedy seem proud of me, but the others just feel bad for me. Ugh. I don't want their pity, I'm not okay, but I will be. I sigh and trudge down the steps slowly. I feel like I've been slapped in the face when the door slams shut by none other than Kyle and Britney as they go to make out somewhere probably. I push through the crowd to reach my friends, receiving a few glares. One of Britney's friends, Jordyn, even trips me.

Ouch. I reach for Stitch who has fallen along with me and tumbled a few feet away. I sigh and teach for him, only to get stepped on by a white stiletto heel. Oh my god, this can't get any worse. My hand is crushed.