Chapter Sixteen: Fighting Fire With Fire & Going Too Far

-Parker's POV-
I gasp. She. Did. Not. Laughter floats around the room as Reece covers her hand over her mouth.

"You're going to pay for that," I pant, pointing at her. Her black hair is pulled into a braid as she grins at me, stepping closer to me. She laughs in my face, her index finger pushing into my chest as if she's challenging me. "Are you now?" I roll my eyes and nod, not scared of a girl who's 2 inches shorter than me. I stand tall against... I guess I can't say the storm because she's short as fuck...

The twig?

I turn around and take the whole pack of flour on the counter. When I turn back, she drops the evil smile she had before and begins to run.

It's too bad I don't need super speed to catch up with her.

"Really think about what you're doing," she says pleadingly, trying to take me out of it. "Hey, I'll buy you Jimmy Johns," Ky tries again. I pretend to think about it for a while as she watches in fear of the huge flour package I hold on my hand. She's on the floor, her brown eyes staring at the package in terror as I hold her down with one arm. This is hilarious. I let out a chuckle.

"Nah."

Josh falls onto the floor in a fit of laughter when the pack of flour covers her clothes, hair, and body with itself. She even gets some in her eyes as she tries to wipe it out of her eyes. Her once kind eyes turn mischievous. She's still on the floor, the flour now all over the floor as she checks her condition in awe.

"How you feeling, flower?" I tease with the nickname she hates the most. She rolls her eyes and begins to stand up, but stops when she sees something behind me and smirks. Suddenly, I feel something disgustingly wet but thick pool into my hair. I sigh, not even surprised.

Reece Kennedy Harmsen, what the hell did you put in my hair?

"Bon O petit, dick," she says with a snicker. The whole room cracks up  at what seems to be a jar pizza sauce in my hair. Ky stands up and brushes off as much of the flour she can, rolling her eyes. I touch my hair and flick some pizza sauce on her teasingly. Kyah flicks her eyes towards Marcus and I nod, like we know what the other is thinking.

I push my head into his perfectly clean white tshirt he's wearing along with gray sweatpants. His arms shoot up, surprised.

"You're going down," Marcus yells, jumping on top of me, flour coating the floor. Josh takes pepperoni and pushes them out of his hands like stripper money as I fight Marcus on the ground. He pins me down before I kick him in the balls, causing him to keel over in pain. I stand up triumphantly and smirk at Ky who's rolling her eyes.

"I think I win," I state, panting and leaning on my knees. I hear a gasp as I turn behind me.

"Sure about that?" Kennedy counters, a smirk clear on her face as pizza sauce coats my face. I just stand there, not even phased as the group begins to laugh once more.

"You lose," she chuckles. "Just like you lost your brother. I mean I-" she tries to cover up, obviously feeling horrible.

-Josh's POV-

Anger floods Parker's face. Not good. Ky shares a look with me, but I refuse to stand here. Parker is red with ferocity. She could get hurt. I know he doesn't mean to be cruel, but enough is enough. This food fight had gone too far. Her words cut like knives and she's going to pay for it.

Not on my watch. I'm sorry, Parker.

I love her. I love Kennedy. I can't stand here and live with myself after Parker let's out his hate on her. It could kill her. Heck, it could kill me. I push Kennedy just in time as the flames reach my arm. I'm thrown back in pain, Kennedy screaming my name, hurt clear in her beautiful brown eyes. I just smell burning flesh and taste my salty tears. I gasp at the sight of my forearm, red as Parker himself.

"Oh my gosh!" Parker yells. Ky runs to my care, tears threatening to escape as she blinks them away.

-Ky's POV-

I wish I had my father's powers to heal. I sigh as I stand over my best friend, blinking back tears.

He's fine. He's going to be okay.

Kennedy stands next to me, feeling horrible.

"You didn't have to do that. I deserv-" Kennedy starts before Josh cuts her off.

"I wanted to." His eyes are full of pure emotion, seeming much softer than usual. I smile at the two as they stare deep into each other's eyes. Aw. She smiles, but is too distracted by his awful condition to respond.

"Here," she says quietly, cupping her hands to form a medium water droplet, slowly and delicately addressing his burn. Josh let's out a sigh of relief and the rest of us do soon after, glad to know he's at least okay. I press a cool cloth on his burn as he begins to cuss and cringe, his eyes squinting as he does so. Ouch. I clean it with polysporin, everyone's eyes drawn to the wounded flesh. After doing so, I bandage the wound, feeling somewhat motherly in the process.

"Thank you," he whispers. I nod before turning around to see the mess in the kitchen and an angry mother standing in the doorway.

"I put too much trust in you," she sighs, pointing to the kitchen. She doesn't see Josh's arm because my body is blocking the view of it. She shakes her head as guilt overwhelms me. I shouldn't have let it go this far.

"You're lucky I'm a supermom," she says, rolling her eyes, but unable to hold back a smile. As much as she hates messes, she loves to say 'supermom' as much as she can. She waves her hand over the room, like our fairy god mother coming to the rescue as the slowly vanishes. I smile as she shakes her head, walking out of the room. We all let out the breath we were holding as I turn back to Josh.

"Are you okay?" I ask him with concern. He looks down at the bandage on his arm and nods. "I'll be okay."

"I'm really sorry, Josh. I don't know what came over me, dude. You know I'm not like this," Parker explains, waving his hands around. When he bites his nails, I know he's nervous for Josh's response. Heck, we all do.

"It's okay dude. But seriously, you need to check yourself before you wreck yourself." Parker nods along, a smile tugging the corners of his mouth. Josh pulls him into a hug as I stand and suggest a movie.

"Hunger Games?" I ask, having a random urge to watch the film. They all nod, calling spots on the couches while others set up blankets on the floor.

"Maybe people killing each other will make me feel better," Josh jokes. I shake my head at the idiot I call my best friend. Kennedy lays on his lap, snuggling into his warmth as I grin. They're so cute.

"Listen, I'm really sorry about Kyle. It must've hurt," Parker says quietly when Katniss volunteers as tribute. Yeah it did hurt.

"It's okay," I lie. "I'm honestly used to it." He shakes his head before laying back onto the pillow we're sharing as I stuff my face with popcorn.

"Ky?" Reece asks of me. I turn to see the wifi has gone out.

And then the lights.
***
What will they do now that the power's out? I'm sorry that was a super short chapter. I'll make it super long next time guys(:
~kyahwaters16