Chapter Three: Being Used & Music Rooms

-Parker's POV-

Josh flies the door open and reveals Kenny and I standing there. A moment of silence fills the air and I sigh. How could he do this? Marcus and Meghan is so happy.

"Were you guys eavesdropping?" Josh asks slowly, trying to seem calm. Kennedy is standing right behind him and he puts a protective arm on her shoulder. I scowl at that.

I know what you're thinking.

I, Parker Meir like Kennedy Megann Harrison? Yeah I do. The moment I realized it was when we kissed during spin the bottle. I mean I always thought she was super cute but I never took action because she's Kennedy and one of my best friends likes her. I couldn't do that to him. But now I know I can pursue her.

"Yeah, and you're a traitor. Let's stop naming the obvious," Kenny says with a smirk. He shoots one of his eyebrows up at that.

"Guys, let's just calm down," Ken says quietly, not meeting anyone's eyes.  I nod my head in agreement.

"Parker, go get Ky," Kenny says, determination clear in his eyes as he cracks his knuckles in anger, staring at his best friend. I roll my eyes.

"Who died and made you captain?" I ask, honestly tired of him starting a fight when all we have to do is talk it out.

"I did, now go get Kyah before I smack this boy into tomorrow," he responds, a sly grin on his face. I roll my eyes and mutter, "aye aye captain." I give Kennedy a comforting look and feel her eyes on me as I walk down the stairs.

"Don't go in there!" I hear Kyah yells. Marcus and Meghan are on the floor under the blanket, probably doing something I wouldn't want to know. Kyah lays there surrounded in popcorn kernels. Her eyes are locked on the screen as the man enters the room slowly. Kyah cringes and covers her eyes with her hands and slowly peeking through her fingers. I laugh which makes her jump and the popcorn flies everywhere. This make me laugh even harder. When she turns she gives me the meanest look this sweet person I call my best friend could make.

"I hate you," she says, tucking a curl behind her ear. I laugh.

"No you don't. We're fam," I argue. I laugh when she pouts.

"So what's wrong?" She asks, dropping the smile she was giving me a few moments ago. What does she mean? Like is she psychic, how did she know there's something up? She notices how quiet I am, and shakes her head with a sad smile.

"That's why you're here, right? So I can fix something?" My heart drops when she says that. It's kind of true. We do come to her a lot just so she can fix something that's wrong. She's always pegged as the not-as-pretty friend. She's pretty just not Reece or Kennedy pretty.

"Umm..." I stutter. I wish I could think of some way to change up the situation. I wish that I wasn't coming here to make her fix a situation.

"It's okay." She whispers. Ugh. I feel like the worst best friend ever. But honestly, I just want to get away from the couple making out next to us.

"Okay... Well shits going down upstairs. And we really need-" I start in a rush before she cuts me off.
"Me?" She guesses. I nod and she laughs.

"Watch and learn, rookie," Ky says confidently. She shoves the popcorn tub into my chest and struts down the hall and up the stairs.

Suddenly, a picture sitting on the counter catches my attention. I walk over to see Ky, her dad, and her mom. Her mom is the sweetest. Just last week for my birthday she baked me brownies. I love her mom.

"She looks so happy, doesn't she?" Marcus asks behind me, making me want to slap him in the face. Now I look creepy.

"Yeah, Ky does look happy," I reply after taking a deep breath and giving him a small smile. Marcus pats me on the back, and tells me that he wants to see what's going on upstairs.