Chapter Four: New HQ & New Discoveries

-Kennedy's POV-

"Where are we?" I say, gasping at the gigantic room I'm in. There's a wall with weapons lining it along with what seems to be like a gym. There's a main screen in the gym and this is room is obviously full of the newest technology. There's also a pool that seems at least 13 foot. I smile at that. I'm so confused. Why have I never seen this room before? She is my best friend. I knew there was something weird about the music room.

"Welcome to HQ" Kyah states gesturing to this high tech room we're in.

"What do you mean?" Parker questions, staring at the room in awe. Meghan is still attached to Marcus as always but they're not really paying much attention to each other.

"Ky, what's going on?" Marcus asks, stepping away from Meghan in fear. The sirens begin to blare out. Meghan gives a confused look,

"What do you mean?" She asks politely, seeming some what offended. Suddenly, everyone turns to Meghan and we see she's trapped in a box. It's like the box is sucking the life out of her because she's gasping for air. She's suffocating. We all stand in shock as Marcus beats on the glass, trying to break her free. Kyah doesn't even seem surprised.

"Sorry, we can't have mortals in this room," Ky says pressing a button and lifting the box up so Meg is free. I gasp. This is seriously creepy. Mortal? What the hell? Kyah tells Meghan to go home. Marcus tries to argue but Kyah objects.

"You're mortal. You'll just get hurt. I promise this is majorly important and I'll program it so you can be in here later. Please just go home it's getting late anyways," She pleads. Meghan seems hurt but Marcus kisses her softly, her knees buckle and she agrees. When Meghan is back upstairs we all give Marcus an annoyed look. He shrugs.

"Mortal?" Josh chokes. Kyah nods, grinning and pressing a button on her remote. All of a sudden the ground beneath us breaks and I fall down beneath the earth, feeling the air leave my lungs as I land on a yellow slide. I hate yellow. I'm going down, down, down.

"This is dope!" I hear Kenny yell, raising his hands up. I sit up on the never ending slide and look to my right. Marcus and Kenny are both on purple slides, and Josh is on a yellow one like me. When we reach the bottom, Kyah tells us to form a circle, so we form a circle.

"This is something so secret, you can't even tell your parents," Kyah whispers, gesturing to our little circle of friends. I share a look with Josh before nodding along with everyone else. Wow, she's almost scaring me.

Wait, I never get scared...

"You have to promise," she continues looking down at the floor. I sigh. This must be a big deal. We all nod and she smiles. "I knew I could trust you guys." Parker laughs at that, filling in the silence. We all join, and I smile at these amazing friends I have. We can't even be serious for 2 seconds.

"I'm sorry, this is just so serious I needed to clear the air. But I promise you, none of us will tell. We are family. And nobody gets left behind," He says. Lilo & Stitch comes to mind when he says that. This is one of the things I love about Parker. He's funny but he can be serious and cheer everyone up when needed. "Yeah, I promise too," Reece chimes in. We all grin at one another. Kyah laughs, her kind brown eyes gesture for everyone to stand back so we do, still in a circle. Kyah puts her hand out and her fingers bend slowly, her eyes concentrating on the rose that sits in the middle of our fam bam circle.

Suddenly, the red rose that sits in a flower pot begins to grow slowly. I hear Reece gasp. Kyah's eyes never leave the flower, a determined look still carved into her face. The delicate flower grows and grows until it's soft rose petals touch the ceiling. We all stand in awe. Josh's mouth is wide open, so I push his chin up so his mouth closed again.