Chapter Thirteen: Mean Waitresses & Shields Of Fire

-Ky's POV-
My eyes flutter open as I remember passing out the night before. I didn't sleep. It was just black. Well at least I got sleep somehow.

I sigh and rub my eyes before I turn in the black blanket covering me. Kyle must've put it on me to disguise the thought that I could've blacked out.

I sit up slowly before I come face to face with familiar blue eyes. I almost think it's Marcus before I see the straight blonde hair and cheeky smile. It's his little brother, Jackson who's about 4 or 5. Not the 18th month. I pray to God that the 18 month doesn't wake.

"Hey little dude," I say smiling. He grins at me and points to the empty bed that Marcus had slept last night. "Where's Marcus?" He says, really pushing on the 's.' I smile.

"I don't know. I think he went out to get Meghan since she couldn't spend the night." He jumps in the air before running in the kitchen where his mom, who's a little shorter than me, is sitting drinking orange juice at the table.

He runs back in a few minutes later as I sit, contemplating what to tell the others. Do I tell them the truth?

I have to.

But how?

"Joshy!" I hear his brother screech, jumping on Josh. Josh rolls his eyes and groans.

"Wakey wakey," he tries. Josh rolls over in bed before sighing and realizing how hopeless it is to fight it. He knows he has to get up. With all the ruckus, it's no surprise when the others slowly wake as well. I see them on their phones and whispering amongst each other.

Josh sighs and rubs his eyes as he sits up and right away he states Marcus's name.

Shit.

"Marcus?" He asks, stretching. Nothing. Everyone turns to Marcus's bed and I cringe. Ugh.

"Where's Marcus?" Parker inquires, standing up to go to the bathroom.

"Umm I think he went to pick up Meghan," I cover up. What am I supposed to say? With his mom and Jackson in the room next to us, I can't speak the truth. Reece nods and stretches, before grabbing her clothes from her over night bag so she can change.

"Let's just go to breakfast. I'll text him to meet us there," Parker reasons, grabbing his phone and hair gel.

"You can use my gel if you want," Josh says. Parker laughs and I roll my eyes. "I don't know if I want my hair to look as bad as yours." We all crack up as Josh throws a pillow at Parker. I walk into the kitchen to grab a glass of water before we head out.

"I think we're going to Josh's mom's restraunt for breakfast. Do you want us to bring this little devil child?" I ask of Jackson. She laughs and shakes her head. "It's okay. I think we've got something in the oven for this little weirdo. But thanks, Kyah." I nod and gulp down my drink, before grabbing my clothes to change into.

***
"Welcome to Home, Sweet Home. I want my customers to feel as if this is a home cooked meal their eating. And home is a place where you feel comfortable being so that's why my restaurant reflects that idea," Josh's mom tells me as we all sit in our booth. Her hair is blonde unlike Josh's, but her eyes are the same piercing blue. Her hands always wave around veraciously when she talks about her passions. One being this amazing restaurant. She gives me a smile before having a waitress get to our table right away.

I stare down at the menu and run a finger through my curls. This restaurant feels homey. I love the cool bean bags and furry booths we sit in. It feels so comfy and I always feel calmer and happier here. It's like an escape from reality. Josh and I have been friends since the 6th grade and we always came here after school to study and to eat (of course). I miss 6th grade us. So innocent and I had so many dreams of music and singing and fulfilling that. Now?