Chapter Fifteen: Love & Pizza

-Ky's POV-

Here I am, above my fear. Drowning. I know, what a shocker.

"You almost had him," Marcus tries. I laugh and wave him off. It's okay, it was funny to make a joke out of him like he had of me in front of the whole school. Except, if the whole school saw that, I wouldn't be a student at the school. I'd be their failed science experiment or something.

I don't know why my grandfather possesses power like my friends and I have. I don't. He was my hero growing up, always telling me stories that my mom passed down to us. My dad had to power to heal. I always thought that was beautiful. Fire and water and earth and stuff is great, but it's destructive. I feel like his power was pure and beautiful. My mom had more than one, just like Kyle. I honestly don't know how many powers Kyle possesses or why. I don't know where Grimm is. There's just so many questions and answers that somehow seem wrong.

"Ky?" Reece inquires. I glance up at the blonde, "Yeah?"

"Do you think we're gonna defeat this douchebag?" She asks, fixing a loose hair out of her cute messy bun.

"I don't know, but I'm tired of sitting here and not taking action. We're fucking super heroes. We can find a way out of this mess," I state calmly and confidently.

"You're right!" Josh exclaims. He shape shifts into a mouse, his blue eyes resembling of who he truly is. Human. When you look into his eyes you know it's him. His eyes squint as he turns into a blue jay flying up to the ceiling and slowly gliding back down. We all stare in awe at his beautiful wings that are different shades of his ocean blue eyes. When he lands, he's no longer the blue jay, but my best friend.

"What?" he asks, laughing at our shocked faces.

"Nothing," we all say in unison, sharing looks of surprise. I never really seemed to noticed how much power shape shifting truly gives him.

"I could just shape shift into a bug and escape this shit-" he starts, putting a finger up to stop our protests. "But..." He says, laughing at our reactions. "I'm a good friend." I grin as he chews our ropes one by one, saving us, loving us, caring for us one by one. When my feet finally touch the floor I realize how much of a team we really are. We all literally need each other, and without Josh we could've died today.

I mean, there's still a pretty good chance though...

"How do we get out?" Kennedy questions fam and we all stand, bursting out ideas once in a while. Air vents and use of powers are mentioned, but suddenly I remember.

"Guys, where's Kyle?" Marcus shares a look with me as we stare around the room, afraid of his arrival.

"I feel like he's watching our every move," Reece whispers. She walks forward to see through the locked door when she slips.

-Marcus's POV-
  "I feel like he's watching our every move," Reece whispers next to me before leaning through the locked door to see out to the hallway. I'm walking to the other side of her to reach Josh and Ky when she slips and falls into my arms.

"Sorry," Reece mumbles, standing straight up. Ky covers her hand over her mouth as Reece shoots her a glare. Geez, girls fill each other in fast.

When she stands up, my arms feel numb. I don't know why probably some romantic shit I can't understand. I roll my eyes at how stupid I am when I hear footsteps.

I've been here all night, alone. I've been tortured and teased by an idiot and I'm tired of it. He can't get to me. I stand beside the door where he can't see me as the others stand there, unknowingly. When the door creaks open, they're faces are priceless. I see Ky stare at me in the corner of her eye as I put a finger to my lip.