Chapter Ten: Super Heroes & Flower Theft

-Meghan's POV-

I stare into the mirror, sighing. I pull the belt around my body and slide the front in place before fixing of few of my curls with my gold small curling iron. I'm so glad I'm invited and that I'm in fam and that everything is okay. I smile at myself in the mirror. I'm superwoman. I hear a knock on the door and turn to the sound.

"Honey, Marcus is here." My step mom calls. "Okay! I'm coming!" I reply, fixing my eyeliner before unlocking the door and racing down the stairs. I've reached the last step when I look up and come face to face with the most captivating blue eyes I've ever seen. His eyes widen and he grins at my appearance. Marcus has his spike up and pushed back a little bit with a blue bandana that goes along with his very blue outfit.

"Hello, superman," I tease, touching his broad shoulders. He laughs and pushes a piece of my curly brown locks behind my ear before leaning in. Our lips are an inch apart when I hear my step mom say she wants to take a picture. I pull back with haste, rolling my eyes.

"Fine." I groan and I hear Marcus laugh before we stand in our superhero positions, posing for each picture. We even take one where he holds me bridal style.

That is before he drops me.

"Sorry babe," Marcus apologizes with a worried look. I just laugh. Of course he drops me.

"It's fine," I say, laughing still. He rolls his eyes.

"I'm really sorry," he says again, helping me up. He gives me a comforting look. I smile and grab my jacket out of the closet.

"Bye Julie!" I call to my step mom. She waves, her blonde hair bouncing as she waves goodbye. She gives me a heartwarming smile and sighs as Marcus holds the door open for me like a gentleman.

"Bye, Julie," Marcus says kindly, taking my hand and shutting the door behind him. The crisp air bites at my nose as we walk to Marcus' car to pick up the others.

"Meghan, I can't believe we're wearing superhero costumes. Did you know, I don't even have to wear a costume to be a superhero?" He gloats, smirking as he opens the door to me. I roll my eyes and grin.

"I know, Mr. Speedy. No need to brag," I whine, fixing my earring. He laughs and speeds to other side of the car before hopping in. I roll my eyes.

"Seriously?" I ask him, using my hand to gesture to him. He high fives my hand, making me roll my eyes more. He suddenly holds my chin and lifts it up so I will meet his eyes.

"You know something, Megs?" He says. My knees buckle. I hate when he does this to me. It makes me blush. I feel my cheeks heat up and try to look away, but he draws me in with that look.

That look. Ugh.

"You're the most beautiful girl I've ever met. And because you are, I'm allowed to tease you. And guess what? If I were to count the times you've rolled those perfect little green eyes of yours at me, I'd be rich enough to buy you that red Ferrari you've been wanting." I sigh at the thought of that perfect car. Why is that the first thing he thinks of buying? He leans in and I grin. We're one inch apart once again before he pulls away. "Let's go get Josh," he sings. I roll my eyes.

"There goes more money into my pocket," he sings. Ugh. I hate him.

"I hate you. You're such a tease," I say, resting my head on my right hand as I stare out the window, feeling the wind pick up as my hair flows in the wind.

"No you don't. You love me." He says with a cocky smile. I just roll my eyes.

I know, I know. Big surprise there.
***
-Josh's POV-