Chapter Seven: Coconuts & Disasters

-Meghan's POV-

No. I'm not going to hurt them. No, the cookies aren't poisoned. I'm just being me. I'm tired of being mean. They're my friends for fucks sake. It's over. I'm becoming a part of fam if it's the last thing I ever do because Marcus is more than my boyfriend, he's my best friend and I don't want to hurt him. I love him. I'm doing what's right and of course Kyah must be worried.

"Megs!" Reece exclaims, running up the stairs and pulling me in a hug. I laugh and put the cookies on the counter before wrapping my arms around her back, feeling short compared to her.

"Hey babe," Marcus greets, kissing me on the cheek and holding my hand. He's sweating like crazy, just like the others. They must've been training.

"How was training?" I start, taking off my white Chuck Taylor's. They all grin and give me the details, making Parker upset when they explain the competition between him and Ky. Ky seems quiet, staring at the cookies and her mom, unsure of what to do. Her mom and her share a look before her mom goes upstairs to take a well deserved nap after the cleaning she's been doing all day. She was telling me this when I walked through the door, her caramel skin seeming worn out and her eyes fighting to stay awake.

"Here, have some cookies. I know chocolate chip is Ky's favorite," I try. Kyah locks eyes with me before staring at the cookies, worried.

-Ky's POV-

I'm so freaking scared of losing my friends. They could die if they take a bite into those suspicious cookies. Marcus tries to grab one, but Meg slaps his hand away, telling everyone she wants me to have one first. This has to be a set up.

I stand up from the kitchen table and walk silently over to the plate. My hands shake, worried of my certain death. What about my grandfather? Look at this family he's built and the powers he's passed down through generations. These powers can't pass down without me. When I die, all of them lose their powers. I sigh, and try to hold in the fear on my face. Parker and Reece share a look, not quite getting why I'm so hesitant.

Meghan has a genuine smile on her face as she holds out the plate of chocolate chip cookies. I gulp before my shaking fingers grab one and bite into the cookie.

Wow.

These aren't poisoned. I smile, chewing. She seems relieved but when I swallow, one main ingredient seems out of place. This one ingredient makes the air leave my lungs. It's been years since I've felt this sensation. That's when realization hits me.

These aren't chocolate chips.

It's coconut.

-Josh's POV-

I love chocolate chip cookies. But when Ky falls to the floor due to an allergic reaction, I know there must be coconut in it. Kyah has said multiple times that she's allergic to coconut. If she smells it, she throws up. But if she eats it, then she has an allergic reaction. She passes out as her throat closes up. She learned it in the second grade but she was taken to the hospital without trouble. This time, I don't know what to do.

"Oh my gosh! You little bitch!" Reece exclaims, staring at Meghan before leaning down to the floor. Ky's eyes are shuts but she makes suffocating noises as her throat swells up. Sweat coats her now red face as we all stand in shock.

"Don't just stand there! Call an ambulance!" Reece yells. Kennedy is just frozen as Marcus reaches into his pocket for his phone he used to call his mom and let her know what's going on, but finds it dead.

"Any luck?" Reece asks. We all lock eyes, remembering that we had left our phones downstairs, thinking we were just eating lunch before coming back down. We were all too hungry to care about our phones.