Chapter Twelve: Kidnapped & A Late Night Visitor

-Reece's POV-
I stare over at the boy with the blonde hair and crystal blue eyes. We're almost alike. Same hair and eye color, although his crinkly eyes are a darker shade of blue than my own. He's still in costume with his hair spiked and a black leather jacket on his broad shoulders. I sigh internally and stare out the window as I sit in the passengers seat feeling somewhat horrible.

Kyah is sitting in the back row of Josh's car. Josh places a hand on my thigh, seeming to understand how tense I am. I sigh and look into the ocean blue eyes countless girls have fallen for. He's like a brother to me.

"Hey, he's not mad," he says, acknowledging the fact that Parker is sitting in the back with Ky so she has some company. I just feel like I've ruined everything. "Dude," he says looking at me and I turn to meet his eyes once again as Waukee flies past us.

"You didn't do anything that bad. Stop beating yourself up about it. He's over it, it's fine." I nod. He's right. I'm probably overthinking everything. The nights not over yet. There's so many moments that could be fit into this time span of night and day. It's the moments like these that I'm grateful to have my friends. I sigh and squeeze Josh's hand before moving to the back with my best friend, (still in a garbage bag with a few holes peeked through for her to breathe), and Parker. She could easily tear apart the bag, but where's she supposed to go after that? Nothing she can do. Her head is just rested against the window, leaning and trusting the driving skills of Josh.

"Hey," I say shakily. I'm nervous to be honest. He looks up from his green iPhone 5c and meets my eyes. He relaxes a bit and a genuine small smile forms. "Hey."

"I'm sorry, Parker I-" he cuts me off with a kiss. I smile and savor the small moment where our lips meet.

"It's okay." He interrupts. Well, I'm surprised. I can't stop smiling. I can't stop smiling. Make it stop!
Fuck it. I'll smile if I want to smile. The hottest and the most amazing guy I've ever met just kissed me. He kissed me. His words cut me off and my jaw literally drops.

"But I think I like someone else."

The air leave any lungs and suddenly the car stops. We're here. We're at Marcus's house. He hops out of the car and I nudge Kyah, still in total shock. What the hell? He just fucking kissed me. I figured Kyah was asleep or something, but when I open the bag she has the meanest look on her face. For Parker? Or just because we kidnapped her? I don't know, but either way she's pissed. She stomps out of the car and waits for my hands to shakily grab my iPhone 5s before I hop out and lead her inside. Suddenly, she stops in her tracks up the driveway.

"I may be really upset with you guys right now, but I just wanted to let you know that Parker will not get away with this." I'm left speechless as she stomps inside, her makeup a little messy, but still intact.

***
-Ky's POV-

"Head Bands?" Parker asks me as we search Marcus's closet for the games we want to play. I just stare past him at the wall, not meeting his gaze at me.

"Ky?" He asks. I just keep my eyes locked on the baby blue walls that used to be Marcus's nursery, but now is his little 18 month brother's, Will. I'm giving everyone the silent treatment. He's honestly the last person I want to talk to about it.

"It was one date," he defends, waving his hands. "It really wasn't a serious relationship." I just cross my arms and tap my foot, ready to go back with the others. When he's turning back to the games I silently walk back to where everybody is sitting in a circle in Marcus's room. It's painted red, which is his favorite color. I'm listening to them talk about this girl who stuffs her bra at our school, Tamera, before Parker walks in with the games.