Chapter 1

"You are so gross, Hugh!" I exclaimed covering my face with my two hands.

I do not want to listen to his nonsense idea.

"All I am saying Dani is that I can be the one for you," my guy best friend said.

He took my hands away from my face and he was looking at me as he moves his eyebrows up and down. He even has that smirk on his face. That look kind of scared me.. so maniacal. He is at it again... so dense.

Hugh told me this for like a hundred, or no, maybe a thousand times already.

Is he serious?

Nah! I guess he is playing around again. After all, it is so boring here.

"No way will I ever fall for someone who changes girls more than he changes his shirts!" I replied throwing a pillow playfully at him.

"So now you want a fight!!" He laughed as he threw back the pillow at me.

I run at the back of the sofa in the living room of my two-bedroom condo unit. He run after me and started tickling me. I swear my body is covered with goosebumps.

"Okay, you can stop now. When I reach fifty and I am still single and you are too, I promise I will marry you," I said giggling as I raise my right hand.

"That is too long. You would be useless in our honeymoon by then," he said helping me to get up.

But he looks so disappointed though. Hugh is too cute.

"Exactly!" I said as I sat beside him.

I am now 24 years old and handling my events planning and organizing business. Single but not so ready to mingle.

Hugh is the same age, he is a licensed architect, and he runs his construction business. He also helps in my business whenever he can. And when I say whenever that means almost every single time.

He played with my hair and started saying, "Oh Dani look at you... PRETTY. STABLE. But you have never been in a real relationship. Come on. Don't waste your beauty and youth."

"That is because you shoo away my suitors back then," I retorted.

That is true by the way. He used to scare my prospective suitors by telling them that he is my boyfriend.

But it is not only me who at this age has not been in a relationship yet; Hugh does play with different girls but he has never been in a serious relationship either. That is what he told me. He said he is only in to flings. He is not ready yet for anything serious. Maybe that is why up until now, I haven't met any of his girlssssssss.

"What are you thinking?" He asked frowning.

I shook my head. No way am I going to tell him that I am pondering on his being a womanizer. I stifled a laughter.

"See you can't even reply to my rebuttal," I said proudly.

"Those guys you call suitors are not good enough for you. I know that for a fact. I better go," he said. "My playmate has been waiting for a couple of hours already." He left grinning and I was shaking my head in disgust.

Sometimes I feel that my best friend is even stricter than my father and brothers.

I got up and went back to my MacBook. I went through the flower arrangements to be presented to my client tomorrow. I am organizing a big wedding of 1,000 guests with a budget of three million. Yes, that is right. People can be so ostentatious. I smiled at the thought of being that lucky bride someday.

I called my business associate and friend, Marge.

"Yes boss?" She answered on the fourth ring.

"Are you ready for our big presentation tomorrow? It is a three-million deal we could not afford to mess it up," I asked. I am kind of jittery.