Chapter 21

I know that I should do something to keep myself busy. That way my thoughts would be redirected. I decided to start a new business.

Yes, I need that. Anyway my people in the events stint know well what to do and that business would go smoothly even without me working hands on. I will just attend monthly meetings or visit whenever they need my advice or approval on something.

And my new business will involve something that I really love doing. Shopping!!! I will be operating an online shop. I will also be travelling to Hong Kong, Bangkok, Korea, Japan, and wherever to buy the stuffs I will sell.

I am so excited. I am thinking of selling clothes, shoes, bags, accessories, make-up, and perfume. Maybe some other cute stuffs too. I will try a few pieces first and the rest will depend on how the market will accept me.

I went home to Laguna and told my Mom about my plan for a new business venture.

"That sounds great sweetheart. Maybe I can accompany you in one of your trips," Mom said excitedly.

I nodded smiling like a seven-year old kid. That would definitely be a great mother-daughter bonding. I will start doing the paper works for my new business. Then I will start buying the stuffs I will sell. Sounds like a good plan to me.

I went back to BGC and started with the paper works. It is tedious but at least this new business will keep away unwanted thoughts.

---

I was checking air fare promos to plan my trips. I was also checking the items online per country I want to visit and took note on the possible shops I would go to. I also saved pictures for future reference. Once I get the connections from the suppliers I could just order online as well I thought to myself.

I was busy surfing the internet when I heard someone outside trying to open my door with a key or something. I got nervous but I braved myself and I stood up to check so that I can report to the security. I looked thru the peephole and saw Hugh scratching his head. He was the one trying to get in. Oh my! Good thing I had my door knob and double lock changed. I saw him get his cellphone as if wanting to call someone. He stopped midway and stared at it blankly. He shook his head and just walked away with a defeated look.

Should I go out and shout at him? What is his problem? Is he not decent enough to just leave me alone? We are done, right? This is all his fault after all.

Deep inside I wanted to open the door for him. I wanted to go running for his embrace. I want to get the assurance that he truly loved me all those years and that he will continue loving me forever.

That would be easier, right? That would make me happy I guess... but then again not really. I still feel my heart being torn to pieces every time I remember how he played me for all those years... how he made me believe that his planned plot was true. I hate him!

This is the time I should care for myself first. I got to love me first.

Now do I sound crazy already? Sigh... maybe I am.

I went back to what I was doing. And oh boy I am so excited about this new venture. I have to think of a cool name for my online shop. Should be something really catchy. But then my mind goes blank. It was when I realized that it was dark already. I have had no supper yet but I feel too tired for that. Besides if I go out Hugh might still be there and he might kidnap me again.

No supper tonight. I got to have some sleep instead.

Hugh is not here anyway to reprimand me for not eating or to drag me out to have a bite. And there goes my thoughts about him again.

No! Stop it Dani. Just sleep.