Chapter 3

I woke up early on Sunday morning and here I am now driving myself to go home to Laguna.

I am still sleepy but I fought the heaviness of my eyelids. I miss my family so much. I used to regularly go home to them; at least twice a week but that has become twice a month. I got too busy with my career... my booming business.

"Glad you were able to go home sweetie. We all missed you," Mom said as I kissed her on the cheek and hugged her tightly.

She smiled as she hugged me back and gave me a peck on the cheek too.

"Hey baby girl," Richard greeted and kissed me on the cheek while playfully disheveling my hair.

"I did not know that you were going home too. Otherwise, I would have went home next week instead," I said as I removed his hand from my hair and rolled my eyes at him.

Richard of course just laughed. That is how childish my big brother can get.

"Brian!" I called out to my younger brother and I ran towards him to give him a bear hug.

Brian briefly hugged me back even if disgust is seemingly written all over his face. He is not the expressive type. Perhaps it is that stage but he is caring and loving deep inside. I smiled as he slightly pushed me after.

"Let's go," Dad said after I kissed him on the cheek. He started walking out of the house and each one of us followed him.

We all went to church to attend the mass. It has been a part of our Sunday when I am in Laguna to all go together to fulfill our holy obligation.

We had lunch at a Japanese restaurant after going to the mass. Nothing has changed. My family has always been close and very supportive of each other.

They updated me of the things I missed the past days. I also told them about my events business. They told me good things; giving me high hopes, more of encouragements, that I will close the deal with my biggest client so far.

We went home after a sumptuous meal of sushi and sashimi. Yum! One of the things I always miss is this family bonding.

---

I locked myself in my room as soon as we got home but I could not stay calm. I walked back and forth and I am actually bored just lying down my bed.

To totally ease my jitters I went to the kitchen and rummaged through the refrigerator then the cupboards. I had an idea.

"Until when will you stay here baby girl?" There goes my big brother again peeking at what I am doing.

"Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday. It depends," I said.

"Hmmm... smells delicious," Brian said as he sat on the kitchen counter. I am now frosting the cupcakes I baked.

"I will go back to Manila tomorrow," Richard said. He is a lawyer. He holds office both in Laguna and Manila.

"Here, let's taste my wonderful creations," I said as I put a cupcake in front of each of my brother.

Brian smirked as if he did not want to take a bite but when he did, he could not hide the satisfaction. Didn't he just say that it smelled delicious? This growing kid.

I mastered baking cupcakes already. I bake for birthdays of my family members and for Hugh and when I just want to get myself busy just like now.

We were having a mini siblings bonding while enjoying the cupcakes and continuing our sharing of stories.

"Hello everyone!" Greeted a familiar voice.

We all looked at Jerome as he entered our kitchen. He is all smiles as he approached us.

"Dani! When did you arrive baby girl?" He asked excitedly reaching for a cupcake.

Jerome is a childhood friend. He imitates Richard in calling me baby girl.

"Just this morning," I said as I started pouring tea in cups.

"Yummy," Jerome said licking the icing from his lips.

I wonder how my lame childhood friend grew up to be so handsome and his licking of his lips is just so hot. Oooh...

"I know right?!" I said.

Not really sure if it is the cupcake I find yummy or his lips. Now what is happening to me? Hugh's lustful spirit must have rubbed off. Normally I would not pay attention to those details... okay better yet, normally I would not lust. Not that I am fantasizing over my childhood friend of course.

"Baby girl, when are you going back to BGC?" Jerome asked as he helped me carry a tray of cupcakes and tea for Mom and Dad.

"Tuesday, if not tomorrow," I said as I knocked at my parents' room.

"Thanks," Mom said as she took the tray.

"Would you go out with me to catch up tonight?" Jerome asked as we were walking back to the kitchen.

"Sure." I smiled while nodding.

I do not have anything to do anyway. And it sounds good to actually spend time with a childhood friend.

"Great!" He said cheerfully as he reached for another cupcake.

Could not get enough of my goodies huh?

I wonder what kind of catching up he is up to. Will it actually be a date? Will we chat all night about how life has been for both of us or would we discuss about what life will be together forever? Argh... I am over thinking yet again. To be 24 and NBSB.