Chapter 11

I have been really busy with work. Aside from the big wedding, we have been booked for a 50th wedding anniversary and an 18th birthday celebration.

I have not seen nor talked to Hugh for a while. Jerome would call at times but I was not able to take all for the past couple of weeks.

I guess I have to tell Jerome soon that we cannot level up to more than friends. I am not assuming but he is going out of his way to make me feel special and happy so I better be honest. He deserves to know the truth from me. And as cheesy as this may sound, he truly deserves someone who would love him equally.

Here I am now driving. Finally I am going home to Laguna. I need a break.

Did I already say that I miss Hugh? Why is he ignoring me? Was I not part of the beautiful things he said he was still looking forward to?

The last time I talked to him was when he called to say that he got home safe. Well, not that I have initiated any communication with him after that but it is so not him to not even send a message asking how I am already.

I turned on my radio and sang along with Ed Sheeran's Thinking Out Loud. Maybe just an hour more to go before I reach home.

Now I am singing along with Maroon 5. I just love the beat of Sugar. At least I got good music as company to this long drive. Oh and I have a teddy at the back passenger seat. Haha.

---

"Mom!!" I called out excitedly as soon as I entered the house.

"Glad you went home," she welcomed me with a kiss. "I am so bored here." Is she not the cutest?

We talked while sipping our afternoon tea and nibbling the chocolate oatmeal cookies I brought.

Dad is in Cebu for a business trip and Richard did not go home. Brian is busy with school work as usual.

Got to enjoy bonding with Mom. I told her that we should go out for a massage and foot spa after our tea and she agreed. Yehey! I so need that.

---

I slept in my parents' bedroom since Dad was away. The massage was relaxing and I readily fell asleep. I felt Mom gave me a good night kiss on my cheek. I am still their princess... their grown-up princess.

But this princess needs more maturity I guess so that she could soon pick her prince charming. I laughed in my head. Crazy thoughts until I fell asleep again.

---

When I went in the dining room in the morning, Jerome was having breakfast with Mom and Brian. Hmmm... at home already? I do not remember when it started that Jerome just pops up in our kitchen. That is a Hugh-thing I believe.

"Good morning all," I said as I sat on my usual seat at the dining table. I got a Hungarian sausage, egg, and garlic rice.

I love waking up to home-cooked breakfast. In BGC, I almost always have brunch; except when Hugh is there and he would make me breakfast or the other way around. Ugh... my brain is filled with my Hugh thoughts again. Sigh. I wonder how he is right now. He could not shut me down just like this. That boy needs a lot of explaining to do.

"Hey baby girl, what are your plans for today?" Jerome asked as he sipped his coffee.

"None really. What about you?" I asked back politely.

I wanted to ask him what brought him in our house this early but I did not want to sound bad.

He smiled saying "I hope we could spend some time together."

Now his eyes are twinkling. Sigh... too bad I will soon burst the bubble that encapsulates us.

True that the first time we met again I really saw how handsome and hot he grew up to be. But then after realizing that I have feelings for Hugh I cannot look at Jerome in a different light anymore.

Now I am admitting that there really is some spot inside this girl's heart that is reserved for Hugh only. What to do now?

"Okay," I just said and smiled back.