Chapter 24

Hugh was discharged from the hospital after a couple of days. I stayed there to watch over him and tend to his needs. We agreed not to tell his family about his mini vacation in the hospital to save them from worrying.

I convinced him that he should stay first with me in the condo so that I can take care of him. So that I will make sure he eats properly and forget about the alcohol first. Although since we are already talking, I suspect he has no reason to get drunk again.

"Thank you my lady love for wanting to care for me. You know for a fact that I will not fuck up anymore since you are here with me again," he said as he closed the car door on the shotgun seat.

Yes, it took me over ten minutes to make him agree that I will be the one to drive us back to the condo. Too much of who is wearing the pants in this relationship. Duh! I am wearing my red shoes. Haha.

I smiled as I locked the doors. Triumphant smile.

"No more escaping for both of us. But hush first. You still need to recover. You spoiled brat," I said as I got the car out of the hospital's parking.

He laughed. Just so beautiful to see that his eyes are twinkling again.

---

I helped him settle down in the guest room. I ordered for Chinese food delivery as I have no time to do my groceries and cook. Maybe tomorrow I will. It would be better to feed him home-cooked meals. I will check Google later for recipes to help fast recovery.

Is it not ironic that I am caring so much for the guy I ran away from? What is a girl like me to do anyway? I jrealized that I really love him. To truly love is to understand and to accept.

I fetched the food delivered in the lobby and is now setting the table for lunch. I felt Hugh hug me from behind.

"I am the luckiest guy," he uttered as he pulled me so that I am facing him now.

I smiled at him. His eyes are teary.

"Thank you for coming back to me. I owe you the truth. But the bigger part of the truth has always been open to you. I love you, Dani. My world revolves around you," he said before kissing me tenderly on the lips.

I hugged him tightly.

"Let us have lunch first," I said as I hand him a bowl of spinach something soup.

We sat beside each other and shared the feast of yangchow fried rice, shrimp fooyung, salt and pepper squid, beef with broccoli, and Chinese fried chicken.

"You ordered plenty," he said as he took a sip of water.

"Well, you got thin so we have to do something about it," I said smiling.

"And this is my chance to get back at you for all the meals you did not let me miss," I added.

He smiled and my heart would not stop beating so wildly. I love this man.

"You are spoiling me my love," he said looking at me with a grin.

"Well you already are a spoiled brat. I am just living up to that," I said laughing.

"I will sleep beside you tonight," he said as he raced me in clearing the table.

I was shaking my head to show how I contest what he has done.

"I am alright now, Dani my lady love. We can go grocery shopping later," he added as he started washing the dishes.

I hugged him from behind. He was surprised he almost lost hold of the plate he was rinsing. I silently laughed in my head but did not let go of the hug. It is comforting.

"You are such a tease," he said as he faced me when he finished the dishes.

He wiped his hands with a towel and then enveloped me in his arms and he kissed the top of my head. I am so glad that he is well now. He got thin but he looks better.

I was surprised when he suddenly knelt down in front of me. He was holding my hands.

"I am really sorry if I did not have the courage to say the truth sooner. It had to be this way. I was a coward. An obsessed coward. I will tell you exactly what happened."

I pulled him up and hugged him.

"I am ready to listen. Let's take a seat," I said as I lead him to the couch.

He hugged me and kissed the top of my head. Then he held my hands as he continued.

"I first noticed you in your sophomore year. It was your school's fair. The chance of us boys to ogle on you girls," he said smiling.

I could not believe it. So he already had his eyes on me that early? He pulled me a bit closer to him as if he noticed that I was tuning off.

"We almost got married in the marriage booth but you were such a snob. You paid and ran away," he said with a smirk.

"Oh... I think I remember the instance but not you," I uttered.

Hmmm from then on I was already running away from him. I wonder why I let that opportunity to get married to him pass. Me and being one of the boys then maybe.

"See... From then on I promised myself that someday I will marry you for real."

I was lost for a while. I felt my heart beating wildly again. I squeezed his hands. He smiled at me and gave me a reassuring nod to confirm that I heard him right.

"I did not get the chance to get to know you. I had to do something. I asked the help of my two friends. It was then the perfect plan. Surely I will be close to you. After that I really punched those two boys. They overly acted and got you scared too much. All I wanted then was to get near you. To ask for your number and then get to know you better. But I was lucky that you treated me as your hero. Your best friend. On the other hand, I was too scared to let you know the truth at first as we were still on that getting to know stage. Then it got harder to open up as days... months... years went by."

I was speechless. If it was me all those years why did he have to get into flings I wondered.

"Now you might think that I am such an ass. I already have you, my dream girl, within my reach but I still play around with other girls. Me playing with a lot of girls is a total lie. It has always been you. Only you. I just did not want you to feel uncomfortable with me so I pretended that I had a lot of flings. But hey, no girlfriend since birth here. And you were my first kiss,. I am hoping that I am yours too" he admitted blushing.

Did he read my thoughts? He really knows me too well. Come to think of it... why did I not doubt him before? I have not really seen him with other girls.

I touched his cheeks. He has shaved now by the way. No more rugged look. But even that look was loveable, I tell you.

I could no longer hold the tears. He wiped each drop that escaped my eyes.

"I love you!" I muttered in between sobs. "I am one lucky girl."

He hugged me tightly and kissed me tenderly on the lips. As our kiss deepened, he became rough. And I loved the feeling of him seemingly not getting enough of me. I tugged his hair and he tightened his hug as he made his tongue roam my mouth.