Chapter 25

It is now official... we are so back together. It has been only a month but seems like it had been a year or a decade with all the drama we went through. Nevertheless, I do not regret anything. He is my first and only love, the same that I am his.

"We really should tell them sooner," Hugh whispered in my ear.

We are sitting on the sofa watching some soppy series.

"Why in a hurry my man?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Why prolong it as a secret?" He asked back.

"Not that it is a secret. I just don't know how to spill it to them. Like... mom, dad, we are couples now. What do you think?"

"Lame excuse," he said.

Is he actually irritated with me?

"Or maybe you think I am not good enough so you are ashamed to let your family and friends know that your fake hero best friend is now your boyfriend," he mumbled sounding quite offended.

"Of course not. Come on. You should know better than that. I love you!" I said trying to kiss him.

"Words are nothing," he said as he looked away to miss my kiss.

"You won't let me kiss you," I said sounding equally offended.

"We can only kiss again once we are official. Once our parents know about us. I am that conservative," Hugh said grinning.

"Now, now... you are killing me," I said biting my lip.

He moved so that his mouth is too close to mine. See, he couldn't bear it not to kiss me. And then he stood up and laughed.

"Ouch! You are playing with my feelings," I said.

This boy is too cute to be true. But I love him anyway.

---

Sometimes I wonder, and I do wonder, if the end justifies the means. Look at my love story, I am so much in love with Hugh. I know you might tell me that it was only because all this time I think he was my hero.

So acting like a hero was Hugh's means to catch my attention. It sure did. But I did not fall in love with him actually on that instance. It was something that developed over time. It was the things he did after that made me fall in love with him. So I rest my case.

I love Hugh. Period.

---

Now in case you are wondering, he is driving on our way to meet my parents and then his. But even so, the boy would still not let me kiss him. Oh the agony of waiting.