Chapter 2

I actually fell asleep beside Hugh but was now awakened by his loud snoring. He got so drunk as I only finished a bottle and he gulped all five. After that he got another bucket all for himself. I had to get us a cab as I cannot fully support him if we were to walk on the way back to my condo.

So I am now not sure if it was a good thing that I had only one bottle to assure that going home together is safe. I am also thinking if I had a fair share of the alcohol we might have shared the effect as well. But no, then both of us will be drunk and we won't be able to go home safely. We might wake up and we are in the middle of nowhere. Okay, so no need to be guilty for that one bottle. Mind boggling debate over. I laughed softly. I am crazy.

Hugh would, however drunk he got, not tell me what is wrong. I guess it is not a big deal then. If he got someone pregnant I am sure he will tell me. Or won't he since he knows that I will not stop nagging? I will say I told him so about a million times and more. Hmmm...

I carefully stood up and left him in the guest room. It is five in the morning. I set my alarm at ten before going to my bed and continue my sleep.

---

Oh my goodness! Is there an earthquake?! I hurriedly sit down on my shaking bed and looked around.

Hugh was laughing at my reaction as he finally stopped jumping on my bed. He touched his head.

"Ouch! I forgot I still have a hangover. My head hurts," he complained.

"Serves you right!" I shouted rolling my eyes.

"Get up sleepy head. It's a big day today remember?" He said knowingly as if I would be silly enough to forget it.

He went out of my room rubbing the back of his head.

That was how Hugh wakes me up by the way. Creating those tremors. But even if he did that a lot of times already, how can a sleeping girl like me remember that at the moment? Of course, I always end up reacting the way I did earlier. Much to his pleasure and entertainment.

I checked the time and it is almost ten so I just turned off the alarm I set and went to my bathroom to brush my teeth.

I smell bacon and eggs. Wow! He cooked.

"Someone is in a better mood now," I said as I sat down and started filling my plate with bacon, egg, and rice. Yum!

He smiled saying, "That's my girl. Eat plenty for you have a big day ahead. I will go with you. Who else will present to your big-shot client?"

"Marge is coming. Once client is decided, that is when the others will join in," I answered as I took a sip of my coffee.

"I might even be able to offer building their love nest or rest house elsewhere," he said dreamily.

"Good idea," I said.

I am so glad that he is in a better shape now. I just hope that whatever blew him away last night which caused his bad mood is now over.

I cleaned up after our brunch. Hugh is now taking a bath. Yes, the guest room is his most of the time. He has clothes and stuff there. He lives in Makati, his office is located there too. But I told you, lately he has been popping up at my place more than the usual. If people in this condo are nosey, they might think that we are living in together.

And what is wrong with that?

It ain't true. Face palm.

---

It is just almost noon time. I went to my bathroom and turned on the faucet to fill the tub with warm water. I have sufficient time to have a long bath.

I will just wear a simple black dress and light make up. Appearance is important in this kind of business. Of course, I need to look and act professional so that they would trust me. This would be our biggest event in our three years of existence. I really want this wedding to be awarded to us.

"You will meet in Greenbelt 5 right?" Hugh asked.

I nodded as I slipped my iPhone in my bag. We went out of my unit walked towards the elevators.

"I will drive you there then I will drop by my office first. After that I will join your meeting," he said as we entered the elevator.

I called Marge to make sure that she is also on her way already as Hugh pulled out of the parking.

Marge and I were discussing while waiting for Mr. Lee and Ms. Chua.

"I really hope we get this deal you know," Marge said as she flipped through her files.

"Of course," I said putting out my iPad.

A neat mid-thirty guy approached us. "Hi! I am Mr. Lee, are you Dani Ramirez?"

"Yes Mr. Lee, it is nice to finally meet you, I said as we shook hands.

His fiancée came after a few minutes, carrying some shopping bags. The lucky Ms. Chua went shopping before the meeting with the wedding planners. Now I sound bitter, but I am not.

We discussed their dream wedding and our offer in making that a reality. We got over six months. They seem to like our proposal and asked to take with them the contract so that they can have it reviewed. Nice! That is a good sign.

Hugh made it before we were finished. "Mr. Lee, Ms. Chua, this is Architect Hugh Gutierrez, my good friend," I introduced.

They shook hands and had a brief discussion. They also seem interested in building a rest house in Tagaytay.

---

"Must we celebrate already?" Hugh asked as soon as the couple left.

"Looks good already," Marge replied assuming as always.

"But I have to go meet my boyfriend so you two celebrate first," she said and kissed us goodbye.

"But they will still study the contract," I said to Hugh as we were walking going to the parking.

"I really think that would be a yes already. They would not even be bringing home the draft contract if they are not that interested," he said knowingly.

"I do hope so," I said as I entered his Everest.

"I will drive you to your condo but let us have early dinner first. Your treat," he said looking straight at the road.

"Okay. I have been craving pizza. Let us go to that place near the condo," I said.

We had early dinner and we even had gelato for dessert after. He was laughing at me as I lick the ice cream dripping on my sugar cone.

"I told you, get the cup instead." He is scolding me again.

"Shut up. I love the sugar cone. You are just jealous. Yum!" I teased.

He then drove me home. Time to get some extra sleep tonight.

After changing to my pajamas I went to bed and started checking my Facebook. My older brother is online so I sent him a message.

He instantly video called me.

"How are you my baby girl?" He asked making a goofy face.

He calls me that ever since by the way.

"I am good, Richard. Please pray for me that we close the three-million wedding deal," I said.

"Wow! Will sure do. Now I know why you are too busy. I thought you were just caught up playing with your best friend that is why you do not have time for your big bro anymore," he said teasingly.

Now what does my big brother mean? I won't let that get into me anyway.

The three of us were super close when we were younger. We go biking all the time. I told you, I was one of the boys. But we kind of grew up and we are both not staying in Laguna so... we are still close though. We would call each other when we find time and we hang out when we are all at home with our parents.

We chatted more until I got so sleepy and had to say my good night.