Chapter 18

While in the taxi I searched for a hotel where I can check-in at this time of the night. Good thing I was able to book online. I told the driver to go straight to Ascott BGC.

I went inside the hotel room. Of course, Hugh has a key to my unit so I better not be there for a few days.

I indulged myself to a long bath in the tub. But even if I am soaked in water I could still feel hot tears pouring down my cheeks. I just can't believe that my so-called hero planned the plot of our fairy-tale love story.

I towel dried myself and wore a bathrobe. I got my cellphone to check the time. It is 3:15 am. I have 99 missed calls all from Hugh and a lot of messages too. My cellphone is on silent mode, which is why I did not hear any of the call or the message notification. Good because I could have been irritated. I did not read any message. Battery is low already. Good thing I have a power bank as I am not bringing my charger though perhaps I can borrow from the hotel lobby. I will in the morning.

I tried to put myself to sleep. I can't. I just can't. After a lot of twists and turns I think I fell into a trance. I was finally asleep maybe for about a couple of hours.

My eyes hurt maybe because I cried too much. It is only 7 in the morning. I called room service for brewed coffee. They also offered breakfast but I was not in the mood to eat so I said just anything goes.

After a few minutes room service came. They brought me one pot of brewed coffee as I requested and fresh milk and sweetener. They also brought some bread, cold cuts, and fruits. I thanked the young man before he left with his now empty cart.

I sat on the couch and poured me a cup of coffee. I put some milk and a packet of Splenda. I took a sip. I turned on the TV just to distract my thoughts. I got a piece of bread and started nibbling it just so I am doing something and to keep my thoughts away from my aching heart. But is that even possible?

I guess it is a bad idea to be in a relationship with your best friend. Why? You have no one to run to in moments like this. I laughed. Yes, I am crazy.

It is almost 9 in the morning now. I called Marge and asked her to do some shopping for me. I plan to stay here for a couple more days. I also asked if I could borrow in case she as an extra iPhone charger.

Marge arrived a few minutes after one. She just gave me my shopping bags and the charger. She did not ask me anything. She acted as if it was a part of her job. She asked if I already had or I want to have lunch but I said that I had late breakfast so I still am full. She then said goodbye and left.

I took a quick shower and put on my new clothes. A plain black shirt and denim shorts. I then got the shawl and wrapped it around my upper body.

I put the other clothes in the cabinet. Marge is so good she even had all these washed before bringing here and she spent only about three hours to do all that. Amazing.

I went to bed and closed my eyes. I covered my face with a pillow. I don't want to think. I don't want to feel. I just don't want to. I should not.