Chapter 10

"Why did you let that guy kiss you? And why did you come home so late? He is not good for you. Look at you, you always come home late when you are dating him. Not a good influence. Tsk..." Hugh interrogated and reprimanded me at the same time after he locked my door.

He wiped my forehead as if to erase Jerome's kiss while shaking his head. I could not read that look on his face if it was disgust or irritation. I wish it were jealousy. Although I have a small hint that it actually is.

"When did you become my father?" I asked back while sitting on my couch.

I am just too tired already. Look who's talking. Is he seriously asking me that? Should I now fire questions on why he kissed me... why he torridly kissed me last night? But then I should be ready to answer why I let him and more so why I kissed back.

He shook his head and sat beside me. Did he read my mind?

"Answer me, lady!" He demanded.

Now I am the one shaking my head. I rested it after on his shoulder. We were sitting so close to each other.

"It was just a goodbye... a good night kiss... a courteous act," I surrendered.

He did not say anything anymore but I felt him leaning his head on mine. We were just silent.

This could have been another awkward silence but deep inside I feel the pleasure of being comfortable and feeling safe and cared for by him. I am so damn confused.

This could be wrong but I feel something really weird. I feel like wanting to caress his face and that sudden longing to brush my lips on his.

And then my reverie was cut when he suddenly stood up to take a call. Hey it is past one, who could be calling him at this ungodly hour? Must be one of his playmates I thought. Now I guess I am the one who is jealous.

He smiled as he sat beside me as soon as the call finished.

"Who would call at this time?" I asked sounding my usual nosey self.

"Don't be jealous, Ms. Nosey. That is just some broken hearted girl wanting to find comfort and seek revenge using my body. But I said no. I am so over playing games," he said and then he leaned on my shoulder.

I felt my heart jump out of my chest. I was frozen.

"Speak up, lady. I am so not used to you being not that annoying brat," he said giggling.

"Very funny," I said while shoving his head away from my shoulder.

Hugh grinned and started tickling me. I was laughing so hard and I started slapping his hands. Still he would not stop tickling my sides. I started kicking but still he kept on tickling. We fell from the sofa with him on top. Our eyes met and we started laughing but he did not make any move to stand up just yet. He touched my cheek and kissed my forehead.

"I am sorry my lady," he said and then he stood up and offered his strong arms to help me stand up.

"Have some rest. Sleep now. I will go back to Makati," he said as he kissed me on the cheek.

When did he start having the habit of kissing his best friend?

"It's late already. Why not leave in the morning instead?" I said.

"Thanks for the concern but I have an early meeting. I will be careful. I promise. I am still looking forward to a lot of things," he said winking before going out of my unit.

He added, "I will call you my lady when I get home." And then he closed the door.

Instantaneously I felt my heart getting wild. Contrary to what he told me... I sure would be restless and sleepless again tonight.