Preference #15: How You Meet.

Josh: “What’s cooking, good looking?” I recognise the voice and my friends giggle, so I put on my game face and turn around. I’m met with a pair of shining eyes and, as I suspected, it’s him. I smile at my celebrity crush and open my mouth, close it, and open it again. My attempts to look cool completely fail so I turn back to my friends, my cheeks burning. My friends give me a knowing look and I mouth, “Is he still there?” When they nod, I respond with, “I can’t even… I don’t know what to do!” We stand there stupidly for what feels like hours before I finally regain composure and turn to face him. “Can I get a photo?” He smiles, something that is unusual for him, and we take a picture before I hug him and turn to leave. “Hey, you’re forgetting something!” Josh calls after me. I turn to face him. “What?” “My number.”

George: I smile as my customer walks away, holding her new delicate perfumes in a small paper bag, and turn my attention to the display, adjusting a few bottles and shifting the sign slightly left. “Hi, I’m looking for a perfume?” my next customer says. I look up to see a boy with ruffled, brunette hair and a cheeky yet enchanting smile. I automatically smile and ask him what he has in mind. “I’m not sure, I’ve never done this before.” His cheeks flush a light pink and I giggle. “Well, let’s start with who it’s for.” As he says his mother, I sigh in relief, and then find myself questioning my motivations for this sale. He’s cute, but I’m not sure if I like him, and I’m pretty sure I’ve seen him before. “I think we should try some floral scents, do you know what she usually wears?” He shakes his head and I smile again before taking out a small bottle filled with a pinky solution. I spray and shake, but he decides that he doesn’t like the smell. I frown slightly at disappointing him but continue looking. “What about this one?” He smells it and lets out a sigh, closing his eyes and smiling widely. “I’m guessing you like it?” We laugh and, as my stomach flips, I realise who he is. “This is kind of embarrassing, but are you George Shelley?” He giggles and I blush furiously. “I’m sorry, I didn’t want to ask.” He shakes his head. “It’s fine. It was quite nice to be treated normal for once.” I stare at him as he takes out his wallet, his beautiful eyes concentrating as he counts his money, and he slips the notes through my fingers. “Bye.” I put the money into the cash machine and notice a note - his number with the words “Call me maybe” at the bottom and I can’t help but smile at the cheesiness. I look up to watch him leave the store with his small paper bag and he turns around, winks at me, and leaves.

JJ: “I haven’t seen you around here before.” I turn to face the voice and smile. “Yeah, I’ve just moved here.” We smile uncomfortably at each other. “You’re amazing on a horse. Have you ever competed?” “Thanks,” I smile, bowing my head as I feel my cheeks colour slightly. “I’m just training right now. I’m hoping to become a professional jockey.” I start walking out of the centre and he follows my lead. “I’ve been doing this for a while. We should get together, maybe I could teach you some tricks.” He winks at me and I grin, “I’ll see you then.”

Jaymi: I sip on my boiling coffee and turn to the window next to me, watching the passers-by get on with their daily lives. “Hi.” I jump as I hear a voice and notice an attractive boy sitting opposite me. “I hope you don’t mind if I sit here.” I nod and smile before turning my attention back to the window. “Uh, I’m Jaymi.” He offers out his hand and I shake it. “I’m (Y/N).” This time, I ignore the window. “What are you drinking?” he asks, offering me his blueberry muffin, which I reject. “Coffee. What about you?” “Latte.” We sit silently for a while before I start asking him questions, trying to be friendly. “(Y/N), I have to go, but maybe we could talk again some other time?” He gives me his number in exchange for mine and he smiles before getting up from the table and leaving.