Preference #48: He Casually Mentions Marriage.

George:

You were attending a wedding with George, but it was a disaster. The decoration didn’t fit the theme at all, the range of foods wasn’t wide enough and there were problems with the music. 

“I feel sorry for them, although they seem to be happy just having each other.”

“Yeah…” George agreed as he eyed the newly married couple’s first dance with his hand wrapped around your waist.

“Our wedding will be so much better though.” He didn’t even seem to realise what he just said, he kept his gaze on the couple. while you stared at him wide-eyed. After processing the words that had just left his mouth, you smiled and kissed his cheek.

Josh:

You somehow managed to convince Josh to watch a sloppy, girly romance film with you. It was kind of sad, and you were already having tears in your eyes, until you looked up at Josh, who also had glistening eyes. You giggled a little at how cute he looked and kissed his cheek.

“I really have to learn how to hold back tears.”

“Why?”

“Because I don’t want to cry on our wedding. That’s what girls do, I’ll have to be a man.”

You were silent for a few minutes, just waiting for him to start laughing or something, but he didn’t. He was serious about it, and it made you smile. You cuddled closer to him and said:

“I think it’s cute. As far as it happy tears, of course.”

“What else could they be? With you, I can only be happy.”

JJ:

You two joined your best friend, who was looking for wedding dresses. You were one of the bridesmaids of course, so you had to be there and JJ just wanted to be with you. Your friend was happy that he joined, she said she needed a man’s opinion as well. You and JJ were waiting for her to come out of the changing room in the first dress she tried on. When she did, she twirled and looked at you two, waiting for opinions.

“Hmm..I don’t know. What do you think, love?” You asked JJ.

“I think it would look better on you. Yeah, I could definitely imagine you in this on our wedding. I think you should try another one.”

Your friend and you were staring at him with dropped jaws.

“Ookay…(Y/N) could you come and help me, please?” You stood up and followed her.

“Oh my God did he just say that?”

“He totally did. I’ll be your bridesmaid on your wedding.” She yelled.

“Shhh! He’ll hear it!” You said trying to act normal when you walked back, but you couldn’t help letting a huge smile decorate your face the whole day. 

Jaymi:

Jaymi was reading an article about some celebrity, while having breakfast with you. It said the person was about to get divorced for the third time. Jaymi shook his head, while putting a piece of bacon into his mouth.

“You know I really don’t understand people nowadays. What’s the point of marrying someone if you’ll get divorced? I mean, after we’ll get married, I’ll never let you go.”

You choked on your orange juice, while he casually continued stuffing his food into his mouth, not even getting his attention off the magazin. After the first shock, the picture of you and him having breakfast with kids running around popped into your mind, making you smile instantly.