Preference #72: He Finds Out You Can Sing.

Jaymi: You leaned over to pick up the clothes that had fallen on the floor. You had decided to clean the house today, since Jaymi was out at the studio all day. You quietly hummed the tune of “Summer Paradise” by Simple Plan under your breath, starting to scrub the desk clean. Your humming grew louder and soon you were singing into the duster, skipping around your house “Cause I remember every sun set, I remember every word you said, we were never gonna say goodbye, singing la da da da da,”  you thought you heard a door close, but you continued singing anyway “Tell me how to get back to, back to summer paradise with youuuuu, and I’ll be there in a heartbeat-” “(Y/N)?” You immediately dropped the duster, and turned around slowly to see Jaymi standing in the hallway with a goofy smile on his face. “(Y/N), babe, I didn’t know you could sing!” You felt your cheeks blush “Pssf thanks Jaymi…” You smiled, playfully hitting him on the arm.

Josh: You sat in the car beside Josh, leaning back into your seat. You were driving home and you both were tired.  Josh leaned over and turned the radio on, flipping through stations, trying to find a good song. “Maybe I should just plug in my iPod…” Josh muttered. “Wait! Go back!” You quickly changed back to the station Josh had previously been on, and turning the volume louder. “What song’s this?” Josh asked. “Mumford & Sons, Roll Away Your Stone.” You tapped along to the beat, singing quietly at first, but then getting louder. “Stars, hide your fire, these here are my desires, and I won’t give them up to you this time around, and so I’ll be found, with my stake stuck in the ground, marking the territory of this newly impassioned soul  ” You stopped when you saw Josh staring at you, his mouth gaping open. “My babes got a voice!” He exclaimed, astonished. “Ok Josh…” You muttered. “No, I have to let everyone know, MY BABES GOT A VOICE!” He yelled out the window, much to your embarrassment.

George:  You sat beside George on the couch, the both of you relaxing and having a lazy day. You had your feet up, sitting in front of the fire place, warming up as the snow continued to fall outside. You sipped your cup of tea while George sat beside you, strumming on his guitar. He was playingWonderwall by Oasis, which happened to be one of your favourite songs. You leaned against him, singing along while he played the chords. “Today was gonna be the day but they’ll never throw it back to you, by now you should’ve somehow realized what you’re not to do, I don’t believe that anybody, feels the way I do, about you now,” George leaned over and kissed you on your forehead, “We should sing together more often,” He teased, “with me playing guitar, and you singing, we’ll be able to take the music world by storm.”

JJ: You and JJ were babysitting your younger cousins on a Friday night, and you had just managed to finally get Jeff, who was only a year old, to fall asleep, Mackenzie, who was 4, woke up, calling your name. “I’ll go check on her.” You sighed, walking down the hall. “(Y/N)?” “Yeah Mackenzie?” “I can’t sleep without having mummy sing to me.” “Do you want me to sing for you?” Mackenzie nodded, and you thought for a moment. You started to sing Turn Your Face by Little Mix, trying to get Mackenzie to fall back asleep. “In my memory, all the small things, like daggers in my mind, in my memory, while my head bleeds, the words I’ll never find, that I always meant to say to you I can’t.” Mackenzie’s eyelids had drifted down, and you quietly crept out of the room, bumping into JJ on the way out. “I never knew you had such a beautiful voice.” JJ exclaimed. “Why thank you JJ, I mean your voice is all right, probably needs a bit of work though.” You teased. “No, seriously (Y/N), your voice is beautiful.” You blushed, going back to finish the movie you and JJ had been watching.