-4- The Party.

~ Have a fourth chapter. It's long too Can I just mention how much I love you guys who are reading this and commenting and voting. It's making me enjoy writing this story so much more than I did when it was on Quizilla :) So thanks! Hope you like... ;)

Charl

x

p.s. If I don't post the 5th chapter tonight or tomorrow, you'll get it on Friday. I have to travel for 6 hours to go to a funeral with my grandparents and won't have internet connection, but it'll give me plenty of time to write, so i'll come back with quite alot written I hope... Thankyouuu!

“Charl, it looks horrible.” Kayla whined through my bathroom door, “seriously, I think all the stuff I brought just magically became ugly when I got over here.”

Sat with Matthew on my double bed, I was meant to be helping Michaela find something for the date with Alex at the party tonight.

Truthfully, I got bored after the first hour and was now resided in Matty’s arms, on his lap trying to be the tiniest bit helpful.

“You’ve still got like three hundred dresses out here to try. Plus my closet kind of needs a walk out, so take your pick, Kay.” I called back, messing with a hole in Matt’s jeans.

“What’re you wearing?” She asked, coming out with a purple dress in hand and covered in my robe.

“shorts and a shirt.” I shrugged.

Her jaw dropped, “seriously? Can’t you wear a dress, you have like a million, and I don’t wanna be overdressed all by myself.”

“I’m pretty sure Alex will appreciate you in anything, hun. You don’t really need to dress up.” I responded, pulling myself up to sit cross-legged.

“but it’s a party.” She whined.

“It’s Leighton’s party. He’ll set up shots, strip poker and leave plenty of rooms to escape too for people. I’m not dressing up for that.” I commented.

“Matt, what do you think? She should dress up, right?” Kayla asked him, from the end of the bed, holding up a strapless black dress and killer heels.

“Kay, your kidding?” He scoffed, analyzing the scrap of material with his eyes, inspecting it thoroughly, “If I want assholes staring at her ass all night then she can wear that but I don’t. And, as a guy and offering my opinion, you should try the blue one on, Michaela.”

Kayla scampered off happily, marching into the en-suite bathroom, with a navy blue, one shouldered dress that bubbled out at the waist. My hands found another hole in Matthew’s light blue jeans, over his thigh and I picked at it again subconsciously.

“Your gonna tear my jeans to pieces.” Matt laughed, placing his hand over mine. He kissed my cheek lightly, “Why not just tell her your bored? I hope you didn’t go through this crap for our first date.”

“I did.” I giggled, blushing slightly as I remembered not being able to sit down for a straight hour with nerves. “I just ended up in jeans and a shirt because I was worried I was too overdressed and I was scared as hell. You have no idea how nervous you made me back then.”

“obviously you don’t either. I think I almost crashed like twice on the way home from school when you said yes. Jake cussed the entire way because I was driving like a headless chicken, as he put it.” I laced our fingers together, laughing and leaning back against his chest.

“that’s cute, Matty.” I smiled, “I didn’t think you’d be the type.”

“I bet you also didn’t think I had a stalker-ish crush on you.” He grinned, resting his forehead on my shoulder, an arm around my waist. “I had Leighton follow you from Math more than a couple of times to see where your locker was.”