Chapter 7

Katniss POV

Peeta drives like a maniac all the way to the hospital. The baby is born 5 hours later. She was premature, so she was tinier than average infants. Im so tired. We decide to name her Primrose Rue Everdeen-Mellark. That's her full name. When she first came out she wasn't breathing. They got her lungs to work just in the nick of time. Her heart is not fully developed yet, as she is premature, but she will survive. The catch, she has to stay on the hospital for another 11 days. Just for observation. She is so beautiful.

I was the first one to hold her. A tear rolled down my face. Finally, tears of joy. She is our rainbow after the thunderstorm. The most precious human being ever to exist, in my eyes.

I gave her to Peeta next. Her rocked her to sleep, and it was adorable.

"I can't believe I am a father! I love you sooo much Primrose." He said, talking to our baby. I love saying that. Our baby. She is put back into the nursery as we watch her sleep from the window. None of the other babies compare to her. But Im sure all parents say that. I was almost hesitant when naming her after my sister and my little ally. Im glad I did though. Since Peeta and I are not married yet, we hyphenated her last name. Of course, we will probably change it to Mellark when Peeta and I ARE finally married.

But thats the future. This is the present. And right now, our little family could not be more perfect.

As soon as we are able to take Prim home, Peeta takes her from me as I prepare a bottle for her to drink. The doctor recommended it is healthier for her at this early stage in her young life. Its about 7:00. We had dinner already. Now Peeta is rocking her to sleep while I sing her Prim, my sister,'s favorite song.

🎼Deep in the meadow,

Under the willow.

A bed of grass,

A soft green pillow.

Lay down your head,

And close your sleepy eyes,

And when again they open,

The sun will rise.

Here its safe. Here its warm.

Here the daisies guard you from every harm

Here your dreams are sweet,

And tomorrow brings them true,

Here is the place where I... love... you

Deep in the meadow,

Hidden far away,

A cloak of leaves,

A moonbeam ray.

Forget your woes and let your troubles lay,

And when again its morning

They'll wash away

Here its safe. Here its warm.

Here the daisies guard you from every harm

Here your dreams are sweet

And tomorrow brings them true,

Here is the place where I... love... you🎼

"Your voice is so beautiful. No wonder she is asleep already." Peeta says, laying down Prim in the crib.

-----------------------A.N.------------------------

From now on, when I write "Prim" I mean the baby. Unless I specify its Katniss' sister.

----------------------------------------------------

I blush. Once again I fall asleep in his arms. Except I have a horrible dream about losing the baby:

Katniss' Dream___________________

I am pregnant with Primrose. But I dont know if she's a girl or not. Peeta and I want it to be a secret. Im 7 months along, and its torture. The stress is eating away at me. My doctor said its not healthy for the baby, but I cant help it. Too much stuff is going on in my life. My baby won't have a grandmother anymore because my mother passed of a stroke. It runs in our family, but no one thought it would happen to her.

Annie also moved here to help with the new baby when it comes, but I can never sleep. Both Peeta and I wake up in the middle of the night to a crying Finn:"Where's daddy? I miss daddy! Where did he go? Why is he never home? Did he ever meet me?" That last question always pushes Annie over the edge. To the brink of sobbing. Here the answers to all of his questions no has the heart to say to him: 1) Daddy is in heaven. He is in a better place, now. 2) Daddy left because it was his time to go. 3) Daddy is never home because he is gone away. 4)No, Finnick never met Finn. He died right after Annie had Finn. Finnick was still in the Capitol. He would never be able to meet his son.

It was time for me to go to the hospital, to have the baby. Just as we got there, I had a miscarriage.

______________________________

Peeta wakes me up because apparently I was screaming: "No! Dont take her away! No!" It woke up the baby, so I try singing a different song as Peeta rocks her:

🎼Are you, are you

Coming to the tree?

Where they strung up a man

They say murdered three

Strange things did happen here,

No stranger would it be,

If we met up at midnight

In the hanging tree.

Are you, are you,

Coming to the tree?

Where the dead man called out

For his love to flee?

Strange things did happen here

No stranger would it be,

If we met up at midnight

In the hanging tree.

Are you, are you

Coming to the tree?

Where I told you to run,

So we'd both be free?

Strange things did happen here,

No stranger would it be,

If we met up at midnight

In the hanging tree.

Are you,are you

Coming to the tree?

Wear a necklace of rope

Side by side with me?

Strange things did happen here,

No stranger would it be

If we met up at midnight

In the hanging tree.🎼