Chapter 13

Peeta POV

"Katniss Everdeen." I smile at about what Im am gonna say to her, and what she will say to me. "You are the most beautiful person I have ever met. Not just because of your good looks, but because of your wonderful personality. You are a wonderful mother to my daughter. Hearing your voice everyday makes me feel safe and secure, knowing you are here. No matter where I go, I always know you are in my heart. No one in the entire universe compares to you. I love you with all my heart. In tough times, just knowing you love me helps me get through it all. But at the end of the day, when I put my arms around you, knowing you and Prim are safe, it makes my heart happy. I love you."

She starts to cry, tears of joy and hapiness.

"Katniss, your turn." The priest says.

"Peeta Mellark. Everything about you is special. Your looks, your laugh, the way you talk, the way you make me feel safe when I am in your arms. It all helps me get through our tough times together. But we do have good memories together. Our picnics in the meadow, having Prim, and just being with you, even if we aren't doing anything. It lets me know everything is ok. Sometimes it makes me feel like we are in our own bubble of love. But then things happen and snap us back into reality. When everything, good or bad, is over and done with, it makes me feel good inside that I made the right choice to be your wife. I love you more than you will ever know."

I mouth back "I love you too."

"I now pronoumce you husband and wife. Peeta, you may kiss your bride." When we kiss it feels like it did in the cave during out first Hunger Games together.I see sparks fly.

Katniss POV

After the wedding, before the reception, I look out into the crowd. My eyes immediatly find Gale's. I feel a little guilty. I know he loves me. I love him too, just not in that way. But I know I made the right decision. Peeta makes me happy, and thats all that matters.

We move on to the reception. We all have dinner, lamb stew,chicken in orange sauce, or a few of the soups I liked from the Capitol parties. After dinner, we all dance. Peeta and I slow dance to every slow song. My morher is watchimg Prim amd taking pictures of us. Prim looks so cute in her dress. Light orange with a darker orange ribbon around the waist. Matches our colors perfectly. Everyone seems to be having fun when someone walks through the main door. I cant see who it is, but Peeta can.

"Who is it?" I ask him.

"Go see for yourself!" He says it with a look of disbelief. It must be someone important. I push my way through the crowd to get a good look at this stranger.

Whoever this is, is turned around facing the buffet table. He is wearing a grey suit with a lavender dress shirt. His hair is short, dark brown, and curly.

"Hello, Katniss. Long time, no see."

I recognize that voice. His name is on the tip of my tongue, but so much is running through my head, I cant remember it. How did he get here? How did he find me? Why is he here? I thought he was dead? The now familiar stranger turns around, face to face with me. I gasp as I recognize his gold eyeliner. Im so in shock I cant even form my mouth to make words, let alone keep myself from fainting. Finally I do form one word. A single name.

The man who threatened his life for me. The man who still is in the back of my mind everyday. The man who designed the very dress I am wearing.

"Cinna."

"Are you alright Katniss? You look like you've seen a ghost!" He says. His voice. His particular look. The way he teases me. His nickname for me. His clothing design skills. My memories flood back to me again. They are so overwhelming. All I can do now is cry. I hug him tight, crying into his shoulder.

A slow song comes on. "May I have this dance, Girl on Fire?" I nod, still at a loss for words.

"Where were you? I thought you were dead. How did you get here?"

"Well, when Snow and Coin where assassinated by a certain someone," he means me. "I was let go after a while. I wanted to keep a low profile. Everyone in the Capitol was talking about your big day, and well, I thought I could make a special appearance."

"It was special. Thank you so much." I try to say in between sobs.

"For what?"

"Everything. My outfits, your comforting nature that helped me cope with the Games, my dress. Now that you're here, its the best day of my life."

"So, do you consider me as a friend?" He asks. He asked me the same question before my first interview.

"Of course I do. But you are more than that. You are now my best friend. Will you come live in one of the houses near mine in the Victor's Village? It would be an honor to have you there."

"It would be my pleasure. Where is this daughter of yours I keep hearing about? Can I meet her?"

"Of course!" I have finally stopped crying. I take Prim from my mother, and introduce her to Cinna.

"Cinna, I would like you to meet Primrose Rue Mellark. Prim for short. I named her after my sister, and Rue of course. Prim, this is one of mommy's old friends." I say in a soothing voice. All the commotion must be a little too much for someone as small as her.

"Its very mice to meet you, Prim." He takes her hand and kisses it, making her and me smile.

After the wedding, we all go home. Cinna moved in next door, and my mother is staying in my old house. Everyone is reunited again. I feel my life is complete. To make it even better, I get to spend the rest of it with Peeta. Nothing could be more perfect.

Peeta POV

Cinna came back! No one saw that one coming. He is now going to live in the Victor's Village near us, and Mrs. Everdeen is now living in Katniss' old home here.

When we finally get home, everyone is exhausted. I put Prim into her pajamas while Katniss takes off her makeup. She falls asleep as soon as she lays down. I get into my pj's too, give Katniss a quick kiss goodnight, and doze off instantly.

When I wake up, I hear someone fumbling around with pots in the kitchen. Katniss is still in bed, so its probably Mrs. Everdeen. Im exhausted so I sleep for another hour. When I wake up, Katniss is in the kitchen with Prim, Cinna, Mrs. Everdeen, Haymitch, and Effie. I sit down in a chair next to my newlywed wife. I load up on pancakes while Effie keeps saying it gonna be a "big, big, big day!!!" God shes gotten really annoying.

Katniss and I go off to our room to pack and get dressed. Later we will be leaving for our honeymoon in district 4. Everyone says its like paradise, so thats where we decided ro go. Prim will be watched bt Mrs. Everdeen for 10 days. Ill miss her, but I will also miss spending time with Katniss while Im at work, or shes taking care of Prim. I have to suck up all the quality time we can possibly spend together in just 10 days.

Our bags are packed and we have said our goodbyes. I forgot to mention that Panem has changed back into states instead of districts, but we still know the regions of where the districts are supposed to be. Its going to be a long drive from Pennsylvania all the way down to Florida, Im guessing. The Capitol was built on some place called Las Vegas. People used to go there to drink and gamble. Sounds like Haymitch's paradise.

We are all ready to leave.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life.