[07]

"WHY are we even here? I thought we were going to get McDonalds?" Stella whined when they sat down on the bleachers, all the teenagers who wanted to be in the Lacrosse team were doing laps around the huge field.

          She covered her mouth with her hand when a giggle started to slip out of her. She spotted Stiles struggling to catch her breath and was the last person out of all of them. It made her smile at how adorable and how out of shape he was. But, he was giving it his all. And that's all that really mattered.

          "Because Kira wants to watch her boyfriend." Bella spoke up loudly causing the three girls to look at her with a puzzled look on their faces.

          The Martin girl was the shyest person they have ever met. She would usually hang with them but would never utter a word making them forget that she was even there with them.

          She started to avoid their eyes when she started to feel uncomfortable and embarrassed from their stares.

          "Sorry." She muttered to the raven haired girl who only sighed softly when she stared at Scott.

          Malia and Stella both looked at each other. Wondering if they were smelling the same thing. It was a nasty smell that Stella didn't like to smell but Stiles smelled like that a lot of the time so she got use to it. It was more like a natural scent to her now.

          "What's wrong, buttercup?" Stella asked the kitsune who was startled by her sudden question making her start to stutter slightly.

          "Me? Nothing."

          "You reek of anxiety. And it's distracting. What's going on?" Malia bluntly asked her making Stella laugh lightly at her.

          Stella was actually really proud of the were coyote. Because she was trying really hard to focus on her education and catch up on her subjects. It wasn't an easy thing to do.

          "Scott and I sort of had this thing happen. But it wasn't much of a thing. And I'm starting to think it never was anything at all." Kira started to explain it to them while Bella just listened to her and didn't utter another word not wanting to be too forward.

          "What do you want it to be?" Malia asked her softly and examined her face to see her reaction when she answered the question.

          "More." She whispered and placed her chin on top of the Lacrosse stick that she was holding.

          Stella tilted her head slightly to examine her face. It seemed like Kira was really upset about how Scott and her weren't something more yet.

          She felt guilty for ever wanting to separate her from Scott all because of her cousins history with him. Stella felt like it was her duty to protect Scott from everyone and everything. Because of the promise she made with Allison and because Scott was the one who needed protection once in a while. He usually protected everyone but no one really protected him.

          Well, Stella wasn't everyone. She protected Scott from afar. Whether it was someone who had created a rumor about him, his mother dealing with even more money issues (which she tries to help with by slipping two hundred dollars in their mailbox almost each day), and just anything that you can think of.