[20]

STELLA felt like shit. She rarely remembered what had happened after Scott left them with Mason. All she remembers is having headache while Scott wondered off somewhere. Then, feeling someone carry her.

She was finally fluttering her eyes open. She turned her head to see Scott speaking to her. But, she couldn't hear him clearly. It was like he was far far away.

"What?" Stella moaned out in pain as she sat up against the lockers behind her.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm fine. Whats going on?" She muttered but then looked in front of her to see a security guard kneeling down in front of them with a smirk. Stella immediately knew he was an assassin.

"Well, aren't you just a beautiful young woman." He chuckled when he noticed how uncomfortable she started to feel, "What? You can't take a compliment?"

"Not from perverted guys like you."

He stretched his arm so he could touch her cheek. But, Scott quickly went into action and pulled Stella closer to him, growling at him for even trying to touch her.

"Is this your bitch or something, boy? Is that why you're so damn protective?" The old man asked Scott who just kept glaring at him.

He was hating the way he was talking about Stella. They had no romantic feelings for each other. They never even saw each other in that way. Yea, he thinks she's beautiful but he saw her as a sister. And she saw him as a brother. It was a mutual relationship.

"What is that? What are you doing?" Scott asked him when he felt liquid start to fall on him and saw that they were pouring it on Stella as well.

"It's gasoline. Haigh says we gotta burn you." He says as he took out the lighter and waved the fire in front of them making Stella widen her eyes.

Stella never liked showing fear to anyone. But, right now she was weak and she sure as hell was scared. She couldn't even get up from the ground. All she could do was lean against Scott because she couldn't even hold herself up.

She suddenly then started to feel her strength come back. Scott did too which he then took that to his advantage and grabbed the lighter from the assassin. Closing it and throwing it far away as he broke his hand in the process of that.

Derek and Braeden both immediately came to their rescue. Derek wasn't able to fight like a werewolf anymore. He didn't have his strength or fangs. But, he did have a hell of a good teacher to teach him how to fight without having super strength.

"Dad!" Stella said out loud and stood up from the ground, running towards him. She didn't realize what she had said and how it made Derek happy to hear that from her.

He quickly wrapped his arms around his daughter and tightened his grip because he almost lost her. She sighed in relief when he had hugged her. She felt like she was finally at home. Like nothing else could make her happier in the world. Her dad made her happy.

"You're safe now. I'm here." He whispered into her ear before kissing the top of her head. He closed his eyes. He was happy. A rare thing for Derek to feel. And he was finally feeling happy.

They both had a piece missing from their hearts. And it was finally filled. They were both happy and that's all that mattered at that moment. Nothing else mattered.

Scott smiled softly at the sight of them in each other's arms. He felt guilty for keeping that secret from Stella in the beginning. But, in this moment he was just glad that they knew and that they were happy.

Braeden was smiling widely at the two of them. She adored Stella and was happy at the fact that she was happy. She cared for her even if she didn't know her that well enough. But, deep down she had this feeling that she was going to get along with her well. Stella was a special person. She deserved happiness.