[04]

Stella finally got home, well technically she finally got back to Scott's house.

She got under her covers only to groan when she heard a knock on her window. All she wanted to do was sleep for hours after being awake for so long just to save Derek. Not that she mind all that much but she was cranky for not getting her sleep.

"Malia, you need to start sleeping in your own bed." Stella mumbled as she opened the window so that the were coyote could come in.

Malia carefully got in and slipped on top of Stella's bed. Wrapping the blanket around her cold body as she waited for the girl to crawl into bed with her.

Stella debated whether or not she should actually argue with Malia and kick her out of the house. But, she soon relaxed when she saw the girl flash a smile at her.

"I guess one more night couldn't hurt." Stella sighed softly before walking over to her bed and got under the covers.

Malia wrapped her arms around the girls waist causing Stella to roll her eyes. She certainly still wasn't use to Malia sneaking into her room all the time in the night because Malia felt lonely. And Malia only felt safe when she was around the girl.

You could say that Stella was like a best friend to her.

"Do you ever wonder about your dad?" Malia questioned the brunette not realizing how much the question would affect her.

"I use to." Was the only thing that Stella was able to say as she thought back to when she was a kid.

"Why'd you stop?"

"My mom." Stella admitted before continuing, "She didn't really like it when I would ask for him. Actually... she didn't really like it when I thought about him."

"How would she know that you were thinking about him?" She asked with interest.

"She's Kate Argent. She always knew everything. I'm her daughter. She knew me better than I knew myself." Stella whispered before clearing her throat, "We should get some sleep after everything that happened these past few hours."

"Goodnight, Ella."

Stella's body slightly tensed up at the nickname but soon relaxed when she calmed down.

It's just a nickname. Stella told herself in her mind countless of times before drifting off to sleep.

Stella kept running in the woods. Passing all the tall trees in a matter of seconds. She didn't know whether to try to hide or to continue on riding, risking of getting tired and stopping. Knowing the risk she continued on running. She didn't have any weapons on her in order to protect herself and she didn't know how to use her strength without working out and losing out of control.

Stella finally cleared her head and spotted a small like den. She instantly sprinted towards it and slid in there. Deep in there enough so that she was able to see outside and nobody was able to see her inside. Stella tried controlling her heavy breathing and her heart that was going absolutely crazy.

When she heard a twig snap near her her breathing stopped, everything stopped. Almost as if her own heart had stopped as well.

"Come out, come out wherever you are... Sweetie." Kate taunted her daughter as she looked around the woods, knowing that she was hiding somewhere near her.

Stella shut her eyes and kept them closed tightly. She didn't want to make a single sound.

"You know I don't want to hurt you, honey. But, it's your fault that you're such a disgrace. Just like your father. You hideous mutt." Kate growled like an animal.

Stella almost wanted to talk back to her at how much of a hypocrite she was for calling her a mutt. When she was a were-jugar who wanted to kill her.

She started to hear that the footsteps were getting farther and farther away from her. Once she felt like she was safe she let out a small sigh of relief.

"Found you." Kate spat and stabbed her arm, pulling her out of the hiding spot causing Stella to let out a loud scream.

          "Stop! Mommy, stop!" Stella begged for her mother to stop torturing so much.

          Stella's cries unbothered her making Stella cry even harder and louder than ever. She just wanted a normal life with loving parents and wanted Allison to be alive. But, nothing ever seemed to go her way. Stella had no father. She had a mother who only thought about herself, an abnormal life, and her cousin who is still dead.

"This is going to hurt a lot." Kate chuckled as she extended her claws causing Stella to shut her eyes, preparing for the impact.

"Stella." Stiles said her name for the 100th time causing her to finally snap out of her thoughts and look at him in confusion, she looked around to see that she was at the school.

"Huh?"

Scott tilted his head to the right slightly to look at her better. She seemed to be out of it. As if she wasn't actually there although she was right in front of him.

"I asked if you were going to be okay?" He tells her softly and placed his hand on top of her shoulder causing her to flinch, he quickly pulled his hand away upset.

He was upset that she had flinched at his sudden movement that wasn't suppose to mean any harm. He wondered why she was acting so strange all of a sudden. Stella was able to completely destroy him but she had actually flinched when he tried to comfort her.

Stella looked around the hallway and at the two teenage boys in front of her as her breathing started to
get more shallow. She was starting to panic.

"I-I... I'll be fine." She started to calm down the more she repeated those three words in her heard over and over again.

She didn't want to alarm her friends that she was having nightmares about her mother already. She didn't want them to lose their focus on helping Derek get back to his regular self.

         She only wanted a loving mother who cared for her...